• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMO, those things are such eyesores. No offense to anyone who likes 'em. Different strokes for different folks.

brianja

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
IMO, those things are such eyesores. No offense to anyone who likes 'em. Different strokes for different folks.

They have their place.

Would I own one as my only / everyday watch? Never.

Luckily I have a few watches and the B&R is a nice change occasionally.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mustapha
and my new Dormeuil cloth blazer.
P1000268.jpg

Wow - an AP. Nice
worship.gif

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stephan R.
hello blackplatano, the strap is from "juergens hand made" nice strap, but I would not wait any more 2 month for a strap, then it got broken, I waited another two month that I got it fixed, the fixing was really badly done! it is my second strap from him, he made another one for my panerai, nice straps but bad service.

the buckle is from strapculture.com

regards

Thanks

KBW

Reaction score
Originally Posted by brianja
They have their place.

Would I own one as my only / everyday watch? Never.

Luckily I have a few watches and the B&R is a nice change occasionally.

This is my feeling on them as well. I also have never once seen a B&R "in the wild" which also appeals to me. I definitely would not buy it if I was buying it as my only watch.

KBW

Reaction score
Can any of you tell me something about the brand Anonimo? The guy I'm meeting to check out the B&R owns a store that sells jewelry as well as Rolex, Breitling, etc etc and said he has 8 or 9 different styles of Anonimo he'll bring to show me as well that he'll part with for 60% retail NIB. I looked them up but seeing a picture of them on a page designed to sell them doesn't do much for me.

KBW

Reaction score
nevermind on the anonimos...I just looked at all of them and the last thing I need is another strictly "tool" watch

PShow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by brianja
Two of mine...

Glashutte Original Panomatic Lunar:

98981107_Pqk4Z-M-5.jpg

98981368_kAKZW-M-3.jpg

98981442_wzQ7P-M-3.jpg

Stunning Glashutte! They truly make incredible watches. Enjoy that beautiful timepiece!

Jferg4350

Reaction score
I have a quick watch question so i figured i would ask it here

how much water involved activity can a 100m resistant watch stand?

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jferg4350
I have a quick watch question so i figured i would ask it here

how much water involved activity can a 100m resistant watch stand?

Quite a bit. You should be able to shower with it without hesitation. Swimming and any water based activities should also be fine. Prolonged submersion if fine as well (the ISO6425 standard requires up to 50 hours in 30m depth). But this does not mean you should be unscrewing the crown while submerged, i.e. changing the time underwater is not good.

If its a chronograph, best to avoid pushing the buttons while submerged unless the case and buttons are designed for underwater use.

The one you need to watch out for is the 30m resistance. These really mean its okay to get wet if you were caught out in the rain.

Gaz

KBW

Reaction score
Yeah gazman is right 100m are fine for everyday stuff but I wouldn't dive with one or plan on doing a lot of water activity with it but with normal use it should be completely fine. The ratings aren't always spot on. I had a watch pressure tested to 400m that was only rated to 200 and it was completely fine afterwards.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KBW
Can any of you tell me something about the brand Anonimo? The guy I'm meeting to check out the B&R owns a store that sells jewelry as well as Rolex, Breitling, etc etc and said he has 8 or 9 different styles of Anonimo he'll bring to show me as well that he'll part with for 60% retail NIB. I looked them up but seeing a picture of them on a page designed to sell them doesn't do much for me.

Anonimo, or so they claim, picked up the pieces when Panerai in Florence when Panerai made the move to Switzerland. I've seen some of them on display, and can't really say I like it... but you could definitely see some OP influence on their products.

Speaking of OP, I was messing around with my camera phone last night:

dsc00046ke4.jpg

HELLO HATORZZ!!!!
lol8[1].gif

This is my first self-purchased watch, 1st generation Casio G-Shock "Mr. G"
dsc00048zz3.jpg

KBW

Reaction score
yeah acidic I saw one of the Anonimos had Militare on it and looked just like a Panerai. I already have two Panerai and am not looking for a look alike (actually they are for sell but I'm keeping the one that doesn't sell first). I decided against the B&R as well at least for now. I really need to downsize and I am putting a lot of money into opening my office and getting graduated...it'll be my next watch purchase though probably after the Christmas season.

Brianja if you don't mind me asking what type of camera do you use? I know there's many good ones but you seem to know what you are doing with a camera. I lost mine and need a new one as I feel horrible posting iPhone pics of nice watches.

brianja

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KBW
Brianja if you don't mind me asking what type of camera do you use? I know there's many good ones but you seem to know what you are doing with a camera. I lost mine and need a new one as I feel horrible posting iPhone pics of nice watches.

Why would I mind?

I shoot with a Canon 20d (soon to be replaced) and a lot of different lenses. I have spent far more money on quality lenses than on camera bodies.

For the watch shots in particular I used a Canon 100mm f2.8 macro lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads