• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum meetup in SF- with pictures

mmkn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Will
Who decided that the event needed a big dose of chest hair?

For a second there I thought I was on the London Lounge . . . (from Mr. Alden - "I fundamentally do not accept dress without a proper piece of neckwear and modern trends that preclude it in favor of bare necks and blooming chest hairs are doomed by the very ugliness of grammar they decline"), then I realized it was Style Forum after all.

I'm going to quote my wife on this one . . . "It looks like a very earnest gathering, more academic, people with a common interest, rather than a show off . . ."

- M

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
LK is rather limp wristed with that ciggy.

Doesn't suprise me.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brlfvr
That or iron the opening just above the second button to v a little higher. It's a little too guido IMO.
I am very guido.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
LK is rather limp wristed with that ciggy.

Doesn't suprise me.

I couldn't care less for the stigma several have already hinted at regarding LK's limp wrists. What really sucks is that I think he got it from here:

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...0&postcount=36

LK has a nice suit. No, LK has a great suit and wears it very well. The rest seems extremely affected though, dandy **** and all. I mean, when you consciously adopt manerisms, hard to imagine anything being remotely natural anymore...Hate to burst anyone's bubble, but LK doesn't come off as the kind of guy who wears a suit everyday. I believe you can tell, even looking at a still picture; on the other hand, our man psg has a great jacket, wears it very well, and looks totally at ease doing so.

Perhaps LK should spend less time collecting shagreen, genuine tortoishell, baby seal skins and whatever the hell else he figures fuels his status as an eccentric and concentrate on writing; his dating advice thread is some of the funniest **** I've ever read.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
I couldn't care less for the stigma several have already hinted at regarding LK's limp wrists. What really sucks is that I think he got it from here:

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...0&postcount=36

LK has a nice suit. No, LK has a great suit and wears it very well. The rest seems extremely affected though, dandy **** and all. I mean, when you consciously adopt manerisms, hard to imagine anything being remotely natural anymore...Hate to burst anyone's bubble, but LK doesn't come off as the kind of guy who wears a suit everyday. I believe you can tell, even looking at a still picture; on the other hand, our man psg has a great jacket, wears it very well, and looks totally at ease doing so.

Perhaps LK should spend less time collecting shagreen, genuine tortoishell, baby seal skins and whatever the hell else he figures fuels his status as an eccentric and concentrate on writing; his dating advice thread is some of the funniest **** I've ever read.

You seem to be tilting at windmills. He's posted several pictures of himself wearing things other than suits. And I think a certain degree of affectedness is part of the look, while "natural" is likely not high on his list of priorities.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Labelking has a great personal style that appears to be uniform throughout his dress, mannerisms and hobbies. I am suspicious you are employing iconoclasm for it's own sake. While some of SF's more esteemed members may deserve a push off their respective pedestals, Labelking is not one of them.

Great photos though, and everyone looked really sharp. I wish I could have been there! Hoping to see some of you DC guys soon.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Hmmm, now I am wondering what people think I look like/who I am, based on my posts.

According to google image, you may look like this:

mengoni04shen182.jpg

or this

thumb_1296497.jpeg

or maybe this

thumb_3153952.jpeg

or who knows, could be you here

6.jpg

This one seems less likely IMO

morel.gif

J'aimelescravates

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those elbow patches are awesome.

It looks like you all had a great time!

I am imagining LK walking around the room up to different conversations and going "Pfft." then flicking his hair with his wrist and walking away. Dunno why. Great suit LK, btw
smile.gif

matt, that's a killer jacket. These pictures have removed from my mind any thought that you looked similar to matt lauer.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What does it matter whether he wears a suit everyday? I don't think LK makes any effort to hide that his whole shtick is a conscious aspiration towards his tastes...I mean, he revels in affecting this sort of persona. He wears what he likes, he scowls at the camera because he wants to...how is it disingenuous to behave how one wishes to behave? Your right in that he doesn't look "at ease" like PSG but it's my impression that is his intent. He comes off like a weird guy, he looks like a weird guy, I have no reason to believe he is not a weird guy, thus, he is as he presents himself.

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LK is the great payoff of this thread.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Rock on with your limp-wristed, dandyfied self!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads