• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Searching for AE Sales - in NYC

BBdude

Reaction score
I've been on the lookout for some AE sales (as I won't drop $300+ on shoes), but haven't been able to find anything.

Are there any small mom & pop shops in Manhattan that may have some cheaper AE shoes? My Bostonians are squeaking quite a bit and that doesn't sound good when walking through the trading room
eh.gif
when everyone is rocking shoes that are $$$$.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Shoemania carries AE and has a few styles in end of season sales, but I don't think they are having one of those now. DSW in Union Square and Filene's will occasionally get pairs, but not a wide selection. I think AE itself is having a 15% off sale right now.

ohm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Century 21 has some AE's as well although I'm not sure.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ohm
I think Century 21 has some AE's as well although I'm not sure.

They do have some AE's, however the selection varies depending on shoe size. I saw a much wider selection in size 8 than I did in my size 10. The prices I saw were from $120-220.

I always stock up on shoe trees when I go to C21 though. Can't beat $13 cedar trees. Just have to make sure that they work before you buy them. I have one tree that doesn't expand very well...
plain.gif

BBdude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
They do have some AE's, however the selection varies depending on shoe size. I saw a much wider selection in size 8 than I did in my size 10. The prices I saw were from $120-220.

I always stock up on shoe trees when I go to C21 though. Can't beat $13 cedar trees. Just have to make sure that they work before you buy them. I have one tree that doesn't expand very well...
plain.gif

That's my problem .... I'm about a 12 so the stuff I find on sale and on eBay is slim pickens!

I did find ~$13 cedar trees at a shoe store down an alley way in Philly.

tdbake

Reaction score
There is a small store on 34th between 7th and 8th that always has a buy one get a 2nd for half off going on a lot of his AE. Makes the prices good ($200 or so), not great, if you need two pair but he has a decent selection. Sometimes he has some end of stock he keeps in the back, just depends on your size, he usually sells those at a good price. Can't think of the name but is directly across from One Penn Plaza so it is easy to find. Again, you can find better prices but may be worth a look if you don't want to spend time looking for a sale or buying online.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tdbake
There is a small store on 34th between 7th and 8th that always has a buy one get a 2nd for half off going on a lot of his AE. Makes the prices good ($200 or so), not great, if you need two pair but he has a decent selection. Sometimes he has some end of stock he keeps in the back, just depends on your size, he usually sells those at a good price. Can't think of the name but is directly across from One Penn Plaza so it is easy to find. Again, you can find better prices but may be worth a look if you don't want to spend time looking for a sale or buying online.

Ah yes, I can't think of the name of the place either. It's almost in the direct middle of the block on the North side of the street. He has a decent selection of AE, Alden, and J&M. I stopped in there a couple of days ago but the one sales guy was pretty busy and I just poked around for a bit. Good to know that they have end stock at lower prices. I might have to inquire about them the next time I stop in.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads