• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
^ thief.

naaaaate

Reaction score
Red Wing logger boots used to the point where they're juuust broken in enough to look how I'd want them (workwear looks terrible new) but with 75% of their lifespan still left for $55 off ebay. Pretty awesome considering how hard it is to find EE shoes in the first place much less for a steal like that.

Also I have no idea what everyone is talking about when they say size down a whole size for Red Wing I wear 10EE in everything except new balance (which run small) and these are 10EE and they fit perfect.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^pics?

I´ve sized down a full size in RW to use with light weight socks, but most styles run atleast a half size big imo. I made the rookie mistake to get my true size once, they were huge...

naaaaate

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
^pics? I´ve sized down a full size in RW to use with light weight socks, but most styles run atleast a half size big imo. I made the rookie mistake to get my true size once, they were huge...
Don't have a camera up here but I'll do a waywt when I move back to Illinois in a couple weeks. I read the Red Wing thread AFTER purchasing these and felt like an idiot for doing so when everyone recommended to size down a whole size, but I figured I'd be able to resell these since they were going for $90 before the seller cancelled everybody's bids (seller realized they weren't steel toe like he had said, a bonus for me!) with an hour left to go on the auction at about 1am and I was the only person awake to rebid and grab them for their starting price. The sizing inconsistancy may be because every other shoe I own might run short or because my feet are truly EEEE feet and maybe going up one size lengthwise balances that out and is just what feels right to me? EDIT: Also I just realized these are the exact same Logger boot model as the ones on a huge billboard ad for a shoe store I see numerous times a week near my house... Maybe superliminal advertising really works. EDIT AGAIN: Why the heck did i type 95% up there I meant 75% maybe my brain is being an optimist or something

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gavin
Not too much lately, just a pair of GTs, a shawl neck cardigan from H&M (that's much too nice to be from H&M), and this W+H sweater:

whvneck-793978.jpg

All my time/money lately has gone into this recent purchase:

DSC_0027_0316.jpg

ADORABLE! Name?

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2 button black h&m suit from ebay, kop'd at $140 shipped. fits like bespoke somehow lmao, i literally don't have to bring it to my guy to fix at all. not even the sleeves need adjustment. fits perfectly. like a glove. one in a million i'd bet.

chiral

Reaction score
Some recent ones, just borrowed a camera:
IMG_1749-1.jpg

Nom de Guerre utility overcoat
Surface to Air Paris bomber
Trickers heavy brogues
Wings + Horns black and grey denim
MJK shawl neck

Not pictured:
Oliver Peoples x NdG glasses, matte black

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just ordered one of these from mauro (pictured on mauro. thanks, buddy). need to get some new kicks now. any suggestions? i'll be wearing this jacket 90% of the winter.
IMG_0866.JPG

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chiral
Nom de Guerre utility overcoat Surface to Air Paris bomber Trickers heavy brogues Wings + Horns black and grey denim MJK shawl neck Not pictured: Oliver Peoples x NdG glasses, matte black
You like it, the black? PS: pic not working, Mr. Taint.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
really? i can see it. it's the brown R&B dakota jacket on his blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics