• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

how long does it take to get from size 35 chest to size 38?

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
The biggest determinent of chest size is back thickness (lats, spinal erectors, and upper trapezius).

'Working harder' is ******* marsupialed. Ignore everything beasty says.

Yup. Do 1 set of bench press at 20 kg and rest 6 months and watch your chest grow!
Yup dont work hard. Moron.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beasty
Yup. Do 1 set of bench press at 20 kg and rest 6 months and watch your chest grow!
Yup dont work hard. Moron.

Stop putting words in people's mouth.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
Explain this to me...
I think he's saying that the chest circumference is also very dependent on your lats, traps, and rhomboids- and he'd be right. Traps less so, imo. I've always have decent upper traps from boxing, and back when I was doing a lot of C&J my traps were ridiculous, but it never changed my chest measurement much. (we did body comp & measurements monthly)

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
ahh i see - sorry I thought I was about to learn something physiological rather than just tape-measure-follies

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Uh well I guess I could tell you to work your back as much as you work your chest, and work your lower and middle traps as much as you work your upper?

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Or explosive chest press exercises increase your range, and thus, your beer pong game?

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thegreenlight
I've found that the smallest size for most suits is usually 38, so I've decided to start lifting weights to try to increase my chest size from 35 to 38. Does anyone have any idea how long this might take? (I plan to lift for one hour every other day)

i have two words for you, "breast implants"...

unexpected

Reaction score
please don't forget to eat more. eat more. eat more. eat more.

I'm tired of people saying they can't gain weight after they lift a ton and have stuck the their original diets.

Mauby

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321

They probably do make pectoral implants.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321

Two more words: Haagen Dazs.

Stay on the HD for a month and you will fill out.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauby
They probably do make pectoral implants.

They do. They also do ab sculpting where a dood's belly fat is sucked out around the lines of a 6-pack.

If you're chest is only 35", I suspect you're pretty skinny. Skinny dood's can bulk up to a "normal" size pretty easy. I wouldn't be surprised if you put on 2" in a few months if you're hardcore about it.

It's the same w/fat doods. They can shrink down to a "normal" size w/in a couple months, but it may take them years to be skinny, just like it may take you years to be jacked.

If I'm wrong, and you're not skinny but just have small everything, then get your jackets bespoke.

For the record, my measured chest size is 40-41", and most sz38 jackets make me look like I'm wearing a potato sack, because I have something like a 9" drop. (This especially sucks when Men's Warehouse measures me and sends a black tarp for me to wear to my buddy's wedding). I'd shoot for a sz36. They're readily available and won't be so big around your waist when you're hyooge.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
I'm not necessarily sure that's true, Sho.

Look at Kunk in the "What Were You Wearing" thread. He looked pretty damn scrawny. Now the dude is HYOOOOOGE. His skeletal system didn't grow at all though.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
im not sure if anybody mentioned this, but alot of chest size (shoulder size, etc) has alot to do with your /limited by your skeletal size.

A quick look through the photos at bodybuilding forums would prove otherwise.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
begginers gains are the best. I will ahve to look through my records to see how my chest grew, but I would say 6 months for an inch or two. If you arent naturally thick you will ahve to bulk up with muscle and 2 inches of circumference muscle is a lot if your a 35" chest.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads