• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What where you wearing then?. Pre SF edition.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
For Whodini......."What Were you Playing then"

From my powerpop band....
motivesra4.jpg

coolest pictures i've seen on the forum in a while

nice Ace Frehley strap btw

naaaaate

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Hot Rod Deluxe? Shoulda been my first amp but I got lazy/joined the jonny greenwood solidstate fanclub. \\
The greatest mistake of my life was when my parents bought me a Hot Rod Deluxe at age 14 for my birthday and I chose Black instead of Tweed. Seriously, what the hell Nate
frown.gif

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only picture I can find, from national honor society. Never liked ties. That was a XXL polo shirt with some Tommy Hilfiger khakis probably. Standing right next to the prettiest, coolest girl in the whole high school that wanted to date me my whole junior year and I was too oblivious or scared or something to ask her...
yearbook.jpg

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by naaaaate
The greatest mistake of my life was when my parents bought me a Hot Rod Deluxe at age 14 for my birthday and I chose Black instead of Tweed. Seriously, what the hell Nate
frown.gif

Tweed? That was your second mistake. I would have gone blonde like Get Smart.
Originally Posted by michaeljkrell
The only picture I can find, from national honor society. Never liked ties. That was a XXL polo shirt with some Tommy Hilfiger khakis probably. Standing right next to the prettiest, coolest girl in the whole high school that wanted to date me my whole junior year and I was too oblivious or scared or something to ask her...
cheers.gif

We need to start an "Oblivious in High School" club soon.

naaaaate

Reaction score
Tweed? That was your second mistake. I would have gone blonde like Get Smart.

cheers.gif

We need to start an "Oblivious in High School" club soon.

Whoops, yeah I meant to say blonde
blush.gif

The fact this is a clothing forum means I have tweed on my mind too much...

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
I'll deal with this in two parts.
1. **** you
2. Thanks

lol

Agreed. I've always thought my posts qualified as literary nonsense.

He was also known for taking photographs of young girls.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
way, WAY before i ever set foot in a fashion forum my steez was pretty bad...i think the turning point was April 04, last month of freshman year of college when I discovered Dior Homme by Hedi Slimane in a GQ photoshoot and also began looking at Complex Magazine's Kanye Fashion Beatdowns that i started to develop more of an interest in clothes...but back then, my adolescence/growing up wardrobe consisted of marc ecko and phat farm hawaiian shirts, phat farm linen pants, phat farm jeans that somehow managed to be really tight in the thighs and crotch, banana republic sweaters, shirts, square toed hugo boss slip ons or these hideous square toed boots i bought at lane crawford during a sale....random nike athletic shoes...

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
way, WAY before i ever set foot in a fashion forum my steez was pretty bad...i think the turning point was April 04, last month of freshman year of college when I discovered Dior Homme by Hedi Slimane in a GQ photoshoot and also began looking at Complex Magazine's Kanye Fashion Beatdowns that i started to develop more of an interest in clothes...but back then, my adolescence/growing up wardrobe consisted of marc ecko and phat farm hawaiian shirts, phat farm linen pants, phat farm jeans that somehow managed to be really tight in the thighs and crotch, banana republic sweaters, shirts, square toed hugo boss slip ons or these hideous square toed boots i bought at lane crawford during a sale....random nike athletic shoes...

quit your yappin' and just post the pic will you!
laugh.gif

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
don't have any. didn't take my first digital camera pic until about 2005 or so.

oddly enough, that was a particular era in my life that is pretty devoid of photographic evidence...the whole stretch from 98-2003/4.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Hot Rod Deluxe? Shoulda been my first amp but I got lazy/joined the jonny greenwood solidstate fanclub.

And how did you like the valvetronix?

Nope, it's a boutique amp from Top Hat called "club royale". It's a pure class A EL84 amp, only 15 watts but the sucker is LOUD. Think of a Vox AC-30 with a bit more sparkle. It's in the blond finish, and I used it with an MXR 10 band EQ pedal to give it balls when it needed it.

The Valvetronix was cool, probably the best s/s amp I've heard (other than Ampeg)....almost has TOO many options , esp in my case playing with just a couple tones. But if you were in a cover band that covered the gamut from Beatles to Metallica, it'd be the perfect thing (esp if you have the full function floor pedal to control every amp dial via foot)

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
He was also known for taking photographs of young girls.
I was trying to put a more favorable spin on your comparison...

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
So, I was cleaning up my iphoto albums today and came across photo's from the past 5 or 6 years. Some of them encapsulated the way I dressed in the past and before joining this community. I figured it could be a laugh for us to be brave enough to show how we dressed before having the balls to show our threads here. Here goes..............

Fall 03:

Helmut Lang x HG x Salvage sample x Con x Wife

Summer 2004:

Vintage Honda x Levi 501 x Cutler & Cross

hey man, nice to have met you. i noticed an English accent? (not sure)
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads