• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pylon

Reaction score
Thank you all for the frank and prompt feedback yesterday from my first foray into the WAYWN threads. I appreciate it and have indeed gone ahead and obtained some Nudie jeans and am looking into the slim-fit sweaters that "Ga-vroche" was wearing in the posted examples (loved his style). The commenters were right in that my BR sweater and shirt were hiding a fairly slim body. I'm a glutton for punishment so I'm back at it again. Here's today's attempt for clothing myself. Being a holiday (Columbus Day) here in the U.S. I was not going into the office - this was just for running errands and shopping today. The khakis are the skinniest leg khaki I could find (classic fit by J. Crew). I am currently looking to upgrade my personal wardrobe and my style, and so feedback given here will hopefully be incorporated into near future purchases. Thanks!
smile.gif
Pylon13Oct2008.jpg
Shirt - Express Undershirt - Ermenegildo Zegna Pants - J Crew, Classic Fit Belt - Express Shoes - Aldo Have at it!

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pylon
Shirt - Express
Undershirt - Ermenegildo Zegna
Pants - J Crew, Classic Fit
Belt - Express
Shoes - Aldo

Have at it!

Switch out the square toes for something else and you'll be flirting with SF approval!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^Agreed, not terrible though shoes need to go. Once you start picking up more precise cut pieces your style will elevate. Belt could be more trim as well.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Pylon13Oct2008.jpg
Shirt - Express Undershirt - Ermenegildo Zegna Pants - J Crew, Classic Fit Belt - Express Shoes - Aldo

How many guys do you see standing in line for a meat filled Subway foot long dressed like this at lunchtime?, generic rubbish and those ........shoes….you should be banned for life for bringing those into the forum, it's like bringing your grandma to a swingers party.

partlycloudy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
iTunes Playing: Etched Headplate by Burial from the record Untrue TSE Cashmere x 5EP x SF x Vintage Hiker
Something I've noticed about nearly all of your fits is that the rises on your pants are all too small. They give you stubby, short legs, and make your torso look too long. Get some higher rise pants and try not to accentuate your overly long upper body.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Shoes - Aldo

Have at it!

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How many guys do you see standing in line for a meat filled Subway foot long dressed like this at lunchtime?, generic rubbish and those ........shoes....you should be banned for life for bringing those into the forum, it's like bringing your grandma to a swingers party.

Those shoes are absolutely terrible, but I'm guessing the outfit itself is bound by business casual standards (again, it could be better, but he can't be wearing a chambray, etc).

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How many guys do you see standing in line for a meat filled Subway foot long dressed like this at lunchtime?, generic rubbish and those ........shoes....you should be banned for life for bringing those into the forum, it's like bringing your grandma to a swingers party.

It's something the thinner but still pudgy Jared would wear.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by warlok1965
Forgive the prop but this guitar is like a new girlfriend, I just can't keep my hands off.

stp82466ii6.jpg

This is a good classic look, but I don't think the stacking is doing you any favors.

bluemax

Reaction score
Pylon, your belt looks a bit too long as well. A traditional 5-holed belt should be hooked in the middle hole for the optimal look. This can be done by buying a belt that is 2 inches higher than your waist size.

reprehensible

Reaction score
Pylon13Oct2008.jpg

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I just find there to be something inescapably awkward about the standard button-up shirt tucked into chinos thing. And it's nearly mandatory in a lot of office environments. I think it's the way the belt and tuck segment things.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think:

belt is too wide and would be better darker
shoes is too square
stance is too disney

Brutus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
Switch out the square toes for something else and you'll be flirting with SF approval!

Not my approval. The shoes, of course, are scaring me and I'm really not a fan of the shirt pattern either. The pants aren't anything special and the belt is too long. This looks like a bad version of the Warlok fits I don't like. It's your day off...don't ruin it with khakis.

(I bet you wore khakis because you knew whatever jeans you put on would be eaten alive by the SF WAYWT scavengers and decided to err on the side of a sometimes acceptable label.)

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
This is a good classic look, but I don't think the stacking is doing you any favors.
Agreed decent break, but not excessive looks better IMO for when trying to add more formal pieces to jeans. Just looks cleaner. Back when Phat Guido used to post great dressy casual fits with jeans his NS looked great with what he was doing because they were hemmed to a more reasonable length.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads