• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Entourage

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For a show that's obstensibly set in the real world, and peopled with cameos of celebrities playing themselves, the absurdly unfeasible plot twists are a bit much to bear.

Also, that subplot with Turtle as Drama's assistant made no sense whatsoever.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Also, that subplot with Turtle as Drama's assistant made no sense whatsoever.

Please explain your reasoning here...

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StockwellDay
http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment...entourage.html

Lol, what a dumbass drama queen. Hello, *****! It's 30 minutes of your weekly time! Who cares if its not as awesome as before, it doesn't matter, it's still fun to watch for 30 minutes! Why did she spend nearly that much time typing up a post about it!? Jesus, I spend more then 30 minutes a week on the pot, that's how insignificant a time commitment it is. Nothing worth complaining about. Just enjoy it or tune out and ignore it.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh ****, some critic in a magazine wrote a bad review about the show. That person is the true word, the only light in the world of television. "The show we hate ourselves for watching". Right. If anyone "hated" a show, they wouldn't watch it in the first place. TV is meant to be entertaining. If you're watching the show, which apparently everybody in this thread is, the show is a success under those circumstances.

There's a ton of shows I hate, after seeing a few minutes of them I've never, ever watched them again. Apparently there's a lot of closet Entourage fans around here.

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
Oh ****, some critic in a magazine wrote a bad review about the show. That person is the true word, the only light in the world of television. "The show we hate ourselves for watching". Right. If anyone "hated" a show, they wouldn't watch it in the first place. TV is meant to be entertaining. If you're watching the show, which apparently everybody in this thread is, the show is a success under those circumstances. There's a ton of shows I hate, after seeing a few minutes of them I've never, ever watched them again. Apparently there's a lot of closet Entourage fans around here.
Why are you so offended about people saying a once good show has lost its luster?

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StockwellDay
Why are you so offended about people saying a once good show has lost its luster?

If they truly believed that, they wouldn't be watching it any longer. People love to bash something that's popular just for the sake of bashing it. If you really don't like the show, you wouldn't be qualified to be criticizing it, because you wouldn't be watching it.

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they truly believed that, they wouldn't be watching it any longer. People love to bash something that's popular just for the sake of bashing it. If you really don't like the show, you wouldn't be qualified to be criticizing it, because you wouldn't be watching it.

You didn't answer the question.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I did, you're just slightly marsupialed.

And you're gay for this show. This isn't an "I heart Vince and Johnny (no H8trz!)" thread, so shut up already.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
And you're gay for this show. This isn't an "I heart Vince and Johnny (no H8trz!)" thread, so shut up already.

I've never once said that if someone doesn't like the show, they're wrong. I said that if they truly dislike the show, they wouldn't be watching it. Is your tiny brain able to grasp this now, since I've repeated myself several times?

Brian SD

Reaction score
Chill out plx! I thought the episode was good. Entertaining on all fronts, and I enjoy Dom's character if only because I think he's talented. I liked him in the Wire a lot.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This last episode wasn't so bad. The Turtle as assistant story line could have been a lot better, but it fizzled. Bob at the golf course was just being a tool, especially since he was rooting for a man that would never have his film made. The golf pro was a lame cameo with two ****** lines.

The scene could have been much better if it was just Ari and his nemesis, who dies after an especially harsh/rough back and forth between the two.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
The scene could have been much better if it was just Ari and his nemesis, who dies after an especially harsh/rough back and forth between the two.
That's a good point, how about writing for the show? And really, really drama isn't funny or entertaining. He's only not annoying when he's being totally hated on- any time he acts like himself, it just makes me wonder how his character is supposed to have any friends at all and why he gets so much airtime for his completely uninteresting and annoying subplots. The key with a character like him is that he needs to develop as a character- but all they show is just more and more of an annoying guy with a ugly personality. That's not the way to do it unless you're going to have him killed, very soon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads