• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homeless guy in my carport - a question of etiquette

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dl20
Put up a banner on your carport that says "Free Blowjobs" and see if he still stays there.

dl

teacha.gif
thumbs-up.gif

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
In San Francisco, this guy would probably be able to claim squatter's rights by now. That is, if Orsini hadn't killed him.
That's what you think, but it is still my garage, and you still need to pack up your tent and get the **** out.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
That's what you think, but it is still my garage, and you still need to pack up your tent and get the **** out.
I agree, and there would be no warm and friendly discussion.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
I agree, and there would be no warm and friendly discussion.
Thanks. Can you please convince Grimslade to leave my garage at once? I am late for work.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Thanks. Can you please convince Grimslade to leave my garage at once? I am late for work.

Geesh, he's really hit bottom since manton dumped him...

M. Bardamu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My counsel for the OP: take a week off work (vacation or whatever), buy several packs of M-80s, then set your alarm variously for 1:30 a.m., 4:00 a.m., 6:15 a.m., etc. Wake with the alarm, stroll out to the carport, and discharge a pyrotechnic. Return to bed and wait for the next alarm.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
what is a carport?

Chase Hamilton

Reaction score

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Be sure not to piss him off. Sure you are in the right too, but he could easily vandalize your home as revenge.

Liam

Reaction score
I'd be concerned about him breaking into the house too, since he's cozy in your carport maybe he thinks he'd be equally as comfortable inside your house. You don't know this person and therefore you can't trust how they may react one evening.
Definitely call the police on him, you can feel good about helping him out until the day comes when he freaks out and kills someone in your family.

Macallan9

Reaction score
In some areas you file a Trespass Arrest Authorization or something like that and the 5-0 can come arrest him next time instead of just telling him to move on.

There's a ridiculous amount of hippie bullshit in this thread though. If he ignored a polite request, then **** him. Light him on fire.

Gallardo2501

Reaction score
Since you live in The Peoples Republic of Kalifornia, be very careful how you deal with this. As many laws and rights you have on your side, he'll have as many plus a army of do gooder lawyers "fighting for the little guy".

The idea of a motion activated light is a great one. You're doing nothing illegal (make sure you let your neighbors know what you're doing, so you can use the most obnoxiously bright light you can get away with), and its a practical idea anyway.

Put up a very clear No Trespassing sign, and call your local law enforcement and see if they can spare a cruiser to do a drive by of your property every night for a week, the guy will get the idea right quick I'd think.

ayemattyyy

Reaction score
I think the motion activated light with a nice air horn would do the trick. or just call the local police.. turds like this shouldnt be left to smell

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rum him over

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads