• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

John Lobb 7000 last - what size should I get?

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fwiw, we really could use a quick question thread like in Streetwear....

Anyway, I'm looking at the john lobb naseby, which comes in the 7000 last.

Given that I wear:

• 10.5D in most Allen Edmonds (1, 4, and 7 lasts) and Brooks Brothers shoes, as well as the RL/Polo shoes by C&J, such as the Marlow/Darlton wingtip.
  • 9.5E in the 337 C&J last
  • 10/10.5D in the RLPL/EG 89 last

What size should I get in the 7000 last? Based on my research on this forum, it seems like either a 9E or 9.5E would be the way to go? Any thoughts?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I size down one half from my EG size, which is a D width. So, if I were you, I would get 9.5.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wear the same size in JL 7000 last as I do my other dress shoes.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
I wear the same size in JL 7000 last as I do my other dress shoes.

What other dress shoes would those be?

ragdoll

Reaction score
Agree with Manton. Size down a half size from EG so to a 9.5UK. Even better, find a store and try them on.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I have three pairs of RTW Lobbs all on different lasts. They are all 11 E. I have several pairs of EG on various lasts. They are nearly all 11.5 D (the ones that aren't, should be). I bought one pair of Lobbs at a Lobb store, one pair at the factory. In both instances, Lobb personnel told me to size down one half from EG in a D width. Maybe those who wear EG E or above need not, I don't know.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
What other dress shoes would those be?
Lobbs on other lasts, Aldens (including the Barrie, Plaza, and Hampton lasts), RL Darltons, etc.; however, I do not have EG's.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
Lobbs on other lasts, Aldens (including the Barrie, Plaza, and Hampton lasts), RL Darltons, etc.; however, I do not have EG's.

You wear the same marked size in the RL Dartlon as you do in the JL 7000? Or is that a conversion?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
You wear the same marked size in the RL Dartlon as you do in the JL 7000? Or is that a conversion?
The Lobbs are converted to the U.S. equivalent.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads