• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buzz Rickson (TOYO).. & William Gibson

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
Buzz Rickson & William Gibson Athletic Shoes

William Gibson, always the fan of a faceless and logo-less product that exceeds all expectations; something timeless and classic that most across the world can relate to. Last week we brought you William Gibson's Head Porter bags, and this week we've got his new line of Athletic Shoes.
. . .

There are labels and logos all over the outside of both pairs of shoes and the bag.

naaaaate

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BubblyMasquerade
fail argument. levis do not look like flatheads. go ************* and get a brain.
Why do you always post nothing but crap full of extremely tired internet humor crap like "FAIL" or everything else I see you post? That "hey I'm a wacky internet dude and I post what I want where I want!!!!" attitude may be acceptable on 4chan or wherever you're from but doing that anywhere else makes you seem like an asshole nerd, not the cool dude who gives no **** that you think you're coming off as. Not sure why I'm even saying anything because all you're going to do is spout some terrible comeback or turnaround burn maybe including "teh" or "fail". EDIT: Sorry for ******** on your thread Kiya, those bags look cool and it's hilarious to me that william gibson would somehow end up collaborating with buzz rickson. Also before I yelled at the dude with the clown avatar I was going to comment on the logoes as dopey said, not that they're bad it's just kinda funny considering the pretext of the no logo thing
smile.gif

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really awesome. I wish I could afford to drop that kind of coin on sneakers at the moment.

chiral

Reaction score
I doubt there is more then one way to make a pair of shoes.

Seriously?

And to Kiya- I've seen pictures of some other Buzz Rickson stuff that looks just phenomenal, will you ever be carrying their outerwear, especially the USN jackets?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chiral
Seriously?

And to Kiya- I've seen pictures of some other Buzz Rickson stuff that looks just phenomenal, will you ever be carrying their outerwear, especially the USN jackets?

Yup, last season we had half the line but we never put any of it online.. This season we're putting some of it online. We'll have the black M65 in two weeks.. we'll have the Navy peacoat from Buzz Rickson on friday, we'll have the gloves next week, MA-1 in November, and more..

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
You are a complete moron. Enjoy your time here, it won't be long.
hahaha. <3 your personal attacks. Love how warranted they are as well. <3 your business. <3 your stock. are you mad b/c I called those shoes a pair of overpriced chucks? and please elaborate on how a pair of sneakers can be made in different ways..

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by naaaaate
Why do you always post nothing but crap full of extremely tired internet humor crap like "FAIL" or everything else I see you post? That "hey I'm a wacky internet dude and I post what I want where I want!!!!" attitude may be acceptable on 4chan or wherever you're from but doing that anywhere else makes you seem like an asshole nerd, not the cool dude who gives no **** that you think you're coming off as. Not sure why I'm even saying anything because all you're going to do is spout some terrible comeback or turnaround burn maybe including "teh" or "fail". EDIT: Sorry for ******** on your thread Kiya, those bags look cool and it's hilarious to me that william gibson would somehow end up collaborating with buzz rickson. Also before I yelled at the dude with the clown avatar I was going to comment on the logoes as dopey said, not that they're bad it's just kinda funny considering the pretext of the no logo thing
smile.gif

i could care less what you think. shoes are still overpriced chucks.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can we get BubblyMasquerade outta here somehow??

Kiya fresh kicks....

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by irbe
Can we get BubblyMasquerade outta here somehow??

Kiya fresh kicks....

hai buddy. everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

i believe that these shoes look like overpriced chucks. Some people seem to disagree.

naaaaate

Reaction score
i could care less what you think. shoes are still overpriced chucks.
Are you sure? Because saying you could care less about what I think means you care a bit whereas the phrase "couldn't care less what you think" might have been what you were looking for to make it seem like you're the cool ass dude who doesn't give no ****.

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by naaaaate
Are you sure? Because saying you could care less about what I think means you care a bit whereas the phrase "couldn't care less what you think" might have been what you were looking for to make it seem like you're the cool ass dude who doesn't give no ****.

still don't care.

find more fodder other than my grammar plx.

kthxbye.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i like 200 dollar chucks.

fail.

still don't care.

find more fodder other than my grammar plx.

kthxbye.

Listen - there are plenty of reasons people like these. There are also plenty of reasons people may object to them. Me, my main problem with expensive kicks (for me, that is $150+) is that I don't feel as comfortable just banging them up, and this can translate into selfconsciousness, which, for me, is the opposite of being stylish. Your mileage may vary. And you may have perfectly legitimate reasons for disliking these sneakers, though your posts betray a great deal of ignorance. For one thing, there are many, many ways to make a shoe, sneaker or otherwise.

All this notwithstanding, it's asshole behavior to post in a thread just to **** on someone. Maybe you have a great point to make that is not complimentary to the subject matter. That is fine. But you don't seem to have anything worthwhile for discussion. If you do, please, by all means, continue. If not, c'mon man, no need to be a dick.

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy

Listen - there are plenty of reasons people like these. There are also plenty of reasons people may object to them. Me, my main problem with expensive kicks (for me, that is $150+) is that I don't feel as comfortable just banging them up, and this can translate into selfconsciousness, which, for me, is the opposite of being stylish. Your mileage may vary. And you may have perfectly legitimate reasons for disliking these sneakers, though your posts betray a great deal of ignorance. For one thing, there are many, many ways to make a shoe, sneaker or otherwise.

All this notwithstanding, it's asshole behavior to post in a thread just to **** on someone. Maybe you have a great point to make that is not complimentary to the subject matter. That is fine. But you don't seem to have anything worthwhile for discussion. If you do, please, by all means, continue. If not, c'mon man, no need to be a dick.

<3.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads