• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homeless guy in my carport - a question of etiquette

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
^It's like an open garage... a roof on supports over a concrete slab, but no walls or door.

God, the things we give names to. Thanks, kwilk also sent me a pic.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
God, the things we give names to. Thanks, kwilk also sent me a pic.

I still vote "cubbyhole" as the worst name given to a usable space...

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What? You are making even less sense than before. For what does anybody need an alibi? Did anybody advocate killing the poor man? I don't think so.
You guys are all suspects. BU-WA-HA-HA-HA-HA=HA!!!!

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Milhouse
Hmm, perhaps you protest too much...
Nah! I got an abili. I was posting to your thread.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orsini
Under the Napoleonic code you do.... The victim was a nice guy. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves! http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,4595570.story They are looking for "Latino in his 20s with short brown hair and a large black T-shirt." You fit that description, don't you?
I think you forgot to take your medication. I still haven't a clue what you're talking about, but I will just add that it's more than a little insulting to have you keep referring to "us" and then post links to murdered homeless men. I suppose you find it funny, but really it's not. Anyway, I guess it's the proverbial two ships passing in the middle of the night, but I think you are the ONLY one who finds this amusing. Anyway... /end thread for rach2jlc

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In San Francisco, this guy would probably be able to claim squatter's rights by now. That is, if Orsini hadn't killed him.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mbc

That is actually a pretty sweet idea; I may try that if I ever lose my job.

You have my number, right?
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Rye GB
If the LAPD has the time to hide behind hedgerows in my neighborhood during every morning commute to hand out citations at Stop signs I believe they may have the time to fix this problem for you, God forbid we interrupt them from handing out frivolous tickets on behalf of local government quotas and make them conduct some real Police work.

I've seen enough accidents and near-accidents with people rolling through stop signs or trying to jump the line at a multi-way stop during morning commute hours to differ with you on whether such tickets are "frivolous".

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
In San Francisco, this guy would probably be able to claim squatter's rights by now. That is, if Orsini hadn't killed him.
Not me! I was the one who advocated easing him out "nicely" (somehow), without getting in dutch with the DA, without motivating the guy to come back and burn your house down, without scewing up your Karma, while bing a gentleman, and with style...

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you forgot to take your medication. I still haven't a clue what you're talking about, but I will just add that it's more than a little insulting to have you keep referring to "us" and then post links to murdered homeless men. I suppose you find it funny, but really it's not. Anyway, I guess it's the proverbial two ships passing in the middle of the night, but I think you are the ONLY one who finds this amusing. Anyway... /end thread for rach2jlc
Murderer!

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Yeah, Unlawful Detainer.... Then the bum would evict the OP....

Egdon Heath

Reaction score
This makes sense and I apologize if I seemed "bothered" or "angry" by your post. Thanks, though, for the clarification. God willing, none of us will be homeless but, these days, who knows???
A postscript to my part in this thread:
1. Thank you Rach2jlc for your reconsidered and thoughtful posts, often as answers to mine. Now get a pronouncable name.
2. I had identified with Orsini in this thread because early on it seemed like we were of similar minds (and ages). I now disassociate myself because of his erratic, unclever and somewhat stupid postings here. Goodbye, Orsini; Rach2jlc's my buddy now.​

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Egdon Heath
Thank you Rach2jlc for your reconsidered and thoughtful posts, often as answers to mine. Now get a pronouncable name..[/indent]

Yeah, I agree with you that my screen name is both dull and hard to pronounce. Unfortunately, it is one that has been stuck to me since 1999 or so, when I started ebay and online forums. Like a lot of older posters, we never really expected to use the name that long and so didn't put much thought into it beyond something easy to remember. Mine is simply an homage to Rachmaninov's 2nd piano concerto (the "Rach2") followed by my initials "JLC."

I've had it so long now, I don't have the heart to change it! And, it's the same on every forum and ebay, so I think changing it would be confusing.

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Put up a banner on your carport that says "Free Blowjobs" and see if he still stays there.

dl

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads