• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Non-Prescription Glasses?

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here do this? I kind of like the idea of wearing glasses, but I am no where near needing them.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I pair my tortoise shell Oliver Peoples glasses (non prescription) with a white shirt from Gitman Brothers, a blue tie with flecks of grey from Brooks Brothers and a grey double breasted suit from Ralph Lauren. On my feet are dark brown Cole Haan loafers. I also have with me a dark black Bottega Veneta briefcase ($3,000, Barney's) which carries three kebar knives and a 9mm automatic I bought off a homeless person in Chinatown.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here, have my business card. It's a beautiful shade of bone.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
The font is called Sicilian Rale

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I wish I could afford the non-perscription superman-esque wayfarers that taunt me on my way too and from break each day at Target.

reprehensible

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrianVarick
Does anyone here do this? I kind of like the idea of wearing glasses, but I am no where near needing them.

It seems to take "affectation" to an unseemly place.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This sounds like a tool-ish thing to do, wear them if you need them.

phildo

Reaction score
If you're gonna do this you better hope nobody finds out and calls you on it.

noorotic

Reaction score
Just wondering, is it possible to take in a pair of sunglasses and have your prescription put in them? The only problem would be being able to find the exact lens tint since I'd prefer not to have polarized lenses. Is it expensive to have this done?

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know a couple people who have non-prescription glasses. I don't hold it against them...

kookydooky

Reaction score
Yeah you can get a prescription in your sunglasses but the frame style has to be more flatter so i dont think you can really do it or at least have it as effective if the frame is the style that curves around your face, at least thats what the optomitrist told me

An example of a frame that could be fitted with a prescription would probably be the one in the picture on the frames direct logo next to the zappos link

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just remember to leave the pricetag and sticker on the lens on.

garmentmerchant

Reaction score
Yeah I say dont wear unless you have to. Your may loose your eyesight and it might not be cosmetic needs. I went to the DMV the other day and they took my license away said i had to go get glasses because im blind as a bat.

Joshua Arson

Reaction score
I wish I had this sort of decision to make. I have to wear glasses and they're no fun, let me tell you. I have a real problem putting things in my eye too, so I can't wear contacts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics