• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike
Fifties Oris, the dial has faded to a dark brown, so I put a brown croc strap on it:

DSC068390.jpg

Love the shirt and cufflink combo!
fing02[1].gif

KBW

Reaction score
one.jpg
The lume on the Lum-Tec (middle) is ridiculous considering it has a "phantom" crystal on it

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ yeah, the lume looks like its l.e.d.

KBW

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
^ yeah, the lume looks like its l.e.d.

Yeah it is ridiculous in person. It is a hand applied lume that they term MDV (Maximum Darkness Visibility). They use 6 layers of some stuff I've never heard of but it is by far my best lumed watch AND the crystal is tinted. I preordered another from them without the tinted crystal and I can't wait to see how bright it is.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
never heard of this brand before, KBW. can you share some details?

KBW

Reaction score
It is owned and run completely by one guy and he only sells on the internet (name is Chris and I can't remember his last name) to keep costs down. He Hand lumes his watches and uses military grade double AR coating on the sapphire crystals. The finish on these is absolutely incredible for a ~400 dollar watch (as good or better as any of the Panerai or Breitling that I own). The only downside to me is that I like automatics and this is a quartz but his next model that I have on preorder is a very high grade custom swiss movement.

Everything about the fit and finish of the watch is just incredible. His watches out now are in limited runs from 55 to 155 pieces. On these quartz models he replaces the batteries free for life and runs all the pressure tests afterwards for quality control. The watch comes in a very nice box with a leather strap and a bracelet finished to the finish of the case (they come brushed, polished, and bead blasted PVD). You can get the crystal with a tinted look that he calls "Phantom". TBH I seriously doubt he is making a dime off of this first run and to me I believe he has to be just breaking even to get his name out. Too much watch for the money IMO

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Great! Much as I love the name brands (OP, GO, IWC in particular) I also like works of guys like him who are starting out and are making nice pieces. Good luck to him!

KBW

Reaction score
Great! Much as I love the name brands (OP, GO, IWC in particular) I also like works of guys like him who are starting out and are making nice pieces. Good luck to him!

Yeah I used to be a big name only guy but lately I've gone with Ocean 7 (went on a splurge and bought 5 from them), Lum-Tec, and I bought a Sinn U2 (bigger company but not a household name). The Ocean 7 LM-2 titanium chrono is a seriously nice watch for the price. linked http://www.ocean7watchco.com/watches...&products_id=5 . I have the money to keep them but I'm going to sell both of my Panerai and my Deep Sea Rolex because I just don't wear them very often at all. Already have offers on all 3 so hopefully they'll all be gone by the weekend.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another of my Orange Monster taken with ****** camera phone. Accompanying it is the James Bond nato strap, my new moto leather jacket and 1990 Pontiac Grand Prix.
omno6.jpg
Watchadoo bracelet hopefully coming in this week.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KBW
Yeah I used to be a big name only guy but lately I've gone with Ocean 7 (went on a splurge and bought 5 from them), Lum-Tec, and I bought a Sinn U2 (bigger company but not a household name). The Ocean 7 LM-2 titanium chrono is a seriously nice watch for the price. linked http://www.ocean7watchco.com/watches...&products_id=5 . I have the money to keep them but I'm going to sell both of my Panerai and my Deep Sea Rolex because I just don't wear them very often at all. Already have offers on all 3 so hopefully they'll all be gone by the weekend.

I <3 Sinn also. Good value, or at least they used to... I believe they also raised their prices.

KBW

Reaction score
I <3 Sinn also. Good value, or at least they used to... I believe they also raised their prices.
Yeah my sinn is probably my "toughest" watch. I think it is also one of the plainest but I get a lot of compliments on it. Very comfortable on my wrist. To the guy with the orange monster I'm wearing my black one on a watchadoo bracelet as I type this. I'm sending the Monster (with the watchadoo) to a guy who does incredible work to get the entire thing coated in some sort of ceramic made for military guns and getting extra lume put on the bezel but I'm holding off until I get the right color scheme drawn up. I was going to sell it but since used ones only go for ~100 I figured I'd keep it and mess around with the look.

Enfant

Reaction score
To the fans of Sinn U1 and Omega PO...this is an OCEAN that is often missed. Grail watch!

KBW

Reaction score
Never seen one of those before...thanks for posting enfant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads