• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RL Woodbury PSA: Attention 38s

kaxixi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Ralph Lauren outlet at Woodbury has RLBL corduroy jackets in brown and black for $300, apparently mostly size 38.

I bought one in brown, inspired by bmulford's Corneliani-n'-jeans combinations in WAYWN.

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice score. i bought on last winter during the tail end of the semi annual sale. i got the matching trous to go with it ala chorse123 who rocked the cord suit to great effect last fall.

it's a great jacket to pair with jeans and odd trousers as well.

thanks for the heads up.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in a proxy buy? I'd love either color. Help a 38S brother out?

laxnate

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Greg at the store. Apparently this was the first men's shipment in about a month and a half, just came in yesterday.

They have Black Label corduroy jackets in navy blue and brown, retail price $1095. Only 38R left. They also have Black Label wool sport coats, retail price $1695. If I remember correctly they had a few in 38, can't remember if they were R or S. Finally, they have Purple Label navy blue cashmere blazers with gold buttons. Retail on these was $3695.

All the jackets are $600 minus 50% or $300 total. Fedex ground shipping is $9.95 flat rate.

The store number is 845-928-1220, then press 1. Happy shopping and good luck!

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
score
+++
Originally Posted by laxnate
I just got off the phone with Greg at the store. Apparently this was the first men's shipment in about a month and a half, just came in yesterday.

They have Black Label corduroy jackets in navy blue and brown, retail price $1095. Only 38R left. They also have Black Label wool sport coats, retail price $1695. If I remember correctly they had a few in 38, can't remember if they were R or S. Finally, they have Purple Label navy blue cashmere blazers with gold buttons. Retail on these was $3695.

All the jackets are $600 minus 50% or $300 total. Fedex ground shipping is $9.95 flat rate.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by laxnate
I just got off the phone with Alex at the store. Apparently this was the first men's shipment in about a month and a half, just came in yesterday.
Finally, they have Purple Label navy blue cashmere blazers with gold buttons. Retail on these was $3695.

Thanks. Got three blazers/sportscoats in 46L, they have some more left in 46R.

Regards.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks that Ralph Lauren corduroy jacket for 300.00 is a bargain is out of his mind.

kaxixi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
Anyone who thinks that Ralph Lauren corduroy jacket for 300.00 is a bargain is out of his mind.
I'd genuinely appreciate suggestions on where to get a better priced corduroy jacket. I've spent a while looking, and this was the best priced one (that fits) that I could find. Other options were full retail Rugby for $100 less, full retail Paul Smith for $500 more, and some terribly fitting ones that I didn't consider (and they cost more).

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
Agreed. The Black Label cords usually go for <$150 on eBay. The cashmere RLPL, on the other hand...

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does anyone or knows anyone who has pics of the navy cashmere blazer?

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by arnach
Agreed. The Black Label cords usually go for <$150 on eBay. The cashmere RLPL, on the other hand...
Maybe in bigger sizes, but 38 land is barren. Don't listen to them, if you like it, enjoy it! It's still 75% off of retail.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by justsayno
does anyone or knows anyone who has pics of the navy cashmere blazer?

Here you go, I think this is it.

blazer.jpg

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Here you go, I think this is it.
blazer.jpg

Lee, Can you give me measurements on the sample? I am curious if the 38R will fit true to size or not. In other words is the chest the size + 2" (slim) or more like the size + 4" (generous)?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads