• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
I bought a pair from forum member Teddie Reiley.....I LOVE 'EM.

They're a bit 'snug' but definitely a very nice pair of shoes.

Glad to hear! Hopefully the leather gives a little and conforms to your feet. As you noticed, I hardly wore them, so I would expect you get a better fit over time.

Almighty2

Reaction score
Originally Posted by satorstyle
They are not close to JL, but very well made in any right. They average for 600-900 dollars not including exotic skins. Primarily Goodyear welted, pretty good calf skin, and decent styling. The sizing tends to be true in length the width tends to be a little slim.

Hmmm, how much better are the JL's at $1500? Is it only marginally better? And does that go for durability as well?

Almighty2

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RIDER
IMO, you would have to get 50% of JL to get the same quality/value ratio as you would get from FT's at regular price.

Not sure if I am translating this correctly but are you saying that you need to get 1/2 the price of JL which is like $1600, making it $800 to get the same quality in a Ferragamo Tramezza? The FT's are actually $900 now at retail which exceeds the 50% mark of JL, that was why I asked the question.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Glad to hear! Hopefully the leather gives a little and conforms to your feet. As you noticed, I hardly wore them, so I would expect you get a better fit over time.

You're right...I've worn them once a week since I've had them and they've broken in nicely.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The look and - albeit to a lesser degree - finishing of shoes from Tramezza line had gone into shythouse in the last few years.
Half the time I can no longer tell whether or not they may have D&G stamp on'em.
The model below happens to have a toebox shaped as if it spent the night underneath a legless coach
eh.gif

The slip-on Tramezzas too tend to lean toward the land of Funkorama in their look.
Then there are those crazy price hikes. $900 ??? Put that paint thinner down, seriously
sarcasm.gif

B1FF

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jacksdad
Those are a steal!!!

To say it is 'a steal' might be overstating things. With a bit of patience you can get them NIB for <$250 on eBay.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sprezzatura2010
I disagree. I'd put my Tramezzas up there with my EGs, Vasses, C&Js, Westons, and so on.

I definitely agree they are at least on par with C&J and EG. Don't have Vass or Weston, so cannot comment there..

wq1999

Reaction score
I'm wearing a pair of Tramezzas today (&quot;Darting&quot; double monk) and they are fantastic, and the styling is quite sober (for a double monk). Tramezzas are certainly my most comfortable shoes.

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
In SF's case, it's the other way around, i.e. a shoe company selling clothes (though they have been designing scarves and ties and accessories for a while).

At any rate, the Tramezza line are very good welted shoes and excellent value at ~$300-$400. My problem with the mainline shoes is not the blake-stitched construction but the quality of the uppers. Most of the ones I've seen have plasticky looking uppers, some even in corrected grain, with cheap looking fake antiquing. Totally different look than AE or Church's. If you find a pair you like and don't mind the uppers, they should hold up fine.

Curious. I have three pairs of SF, two studio (brown captoes, oxford and derby, respectively) and one tramezza (black wingtip). The tramezza is much more comfortable (it seems that the insole adapts to the foot) but the uppers of all of them look great. I am very pleased with the leather of all of them. Only one of the studios is "antiqued", and I really like the way it looks.

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bishop of Briggs
Ferragamo is too fashion forward for my taste. It's for those who wear Rolexes, drive Mercs etc - flash but no class.

My SFs are quite conservative, I must say. Nothing "fashion forward" about them.
I have no Rolex, I have no Mercedes (actually, I have no car). I do think I have a lot of class.

trareg09

Reaction score
Too fashion forward? The fact that many of his styles remain conservative is the reason I have exclusively worn Ferragamos for the past 9 years. The only question I have is what are considered his studio lines? Are they the shoes without the stitched name on the inside?

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kwasznar
Where are you people finding Bruce's at 120.00?

try the current outlet sale going on now. Many shoes can be had in the $125-$250 range (including tramezzas).

trareg09

Reaction score
Based on this forum's posts, I assume that any Ferragamo shoe that is not a Tramezza must be a studio shoe. If that's the case, I've worn studio Ferragamos exclusively for the past 9 years. Needless to say, I find them quality shoes. The average number of years each lasts is 4-5.

The primary reason for ignoring the Tramezza line is the style. I have yet to view a Tramezza that appeals to my taste. I only guess that those denigrate the "studio" line do so for Tramezza's exclusive price.

Just to emphasize my point, I have exclusively worn Ferragamo shoes for the past 4-5 years. After experiencing his fit and style, no other shoe has piqued my interest.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a few pair of the Studio shoes, and many, many pairs of the Tramezza, and for what I use them for (casual shoes), the Studio have been fine, and I paid full retail for each pair (about $400 each IIRC) with no regrets. Of course, there can be no argument that Tramezza are far, far better quality, and I am slightly surprised by your comment that you can find no style of Tramezza that interests you. There is one other line though, the Lavorazione Originale, which is between Studio and Tramezza in terms of pricing as well as quality. They usually retail for about $100 to $150 more than the Studio, and I have some relatively nice styles from this line as well. Here are a few examples:

sh9im6.jpg

p1000863ai7.jpg

sh6vg4.jpg

I am not sure I would pay full retail for the Studio now unless I found a pair that really appealed to me stylistically. I would just pay a little more for either the LO or Tramezza. Still though, I must admit that the Studio shoes I wear casually have held up pretty well for the last 4 or 5 years, so I have no regrets.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads