• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That leather trench.

With my pale skin and a pair of heavy plastic mid-century sunglasses, I envision it with grey wool trousers and a beret.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was being rather facetious, but knee or full length? Boots?

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by erdawe
I was being rather facetious, but knee or full length? Boots?

I recall it was slightly longer than knee length. It was probably made out of horsehide.

Boots strike me as impractical and costumey.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I recall it was slightly longer than knee length. It was probably made out of horsehide. Boots strike me as impractical and costumey.
I see your point but the thread is about jackets, so it could be argued this envisionment could be impractical given the circumstance.
fight[1].gif
I'm kidding however, your posts are quite interesting.

Eagle

Reaction score
The best leather jacket I've owned is my old USAF issue A2 Flight Jacket. While it is showing a bit of age, I kept it when I retired, my two daughters each wore it for various periods of time during their high school and college years, and it still fits me and gets worn perhaps a half dozen times a year these days. Good jacket, great memories!

pinoy

Reaction score
i love rick owens jackets but im too short (5 foot 8) to pull em off.. any suggestions for alternatives?

Lear

Reaction score
Cross posted to The Fedora Lounge. Might not be the best quality pics, but it's my first (and therefore best) Aero. All of the following pics were taken within an hour of it springing free from the box (Saturday, 4th October, 2008). The overhead shots are with it on top of the box, so it's not truly spread flat. It's my first ever attempt at digital photography, let alone uploading to a server. The lack of internal storm cuffs WAS a good idea. It's plenty hot enough without, although I wouldn't describe it as cold here in the UK - yet. The last pic is with a pair of whiskey coloured RM Williams Comfort Craftsman boots for colour comparison. Hope these shots help somebody who may be considering an Aero 'Veste de Rallye'. Shyness stops me posting pics of it being worn The model is Aero 'Veste de Rallye'
dscf0039.jpg
dscf0044.jpg
dscf0045.jpg
dscf0047.jpg
dscf0048.jpg
dscf0049.jpg
dscf0050.jpg
dscf0051.jpg
dscf0052.jpg
dscf0053.jpg
dscf0054.jpg
dscf0055.jpg
dscf0056.jpg
dscf0057.jpg

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that the "Cherry Red" leather?

Lear

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
Is that the "Cherry Red" leather?

Heavy Front Quarter Horsehide in cordovan colour.

In sunlight it appears to have a faint mauve/red hue. Under artificial light it appears more brown.

It'll be be interesting to see how it ages/wears.

Cherry has LOT more red and is brighter.

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
i'm going with vintage black.

Hey grundle, did you get your Aero? How do you like it?

I sat on my @ss and procrastinated ... until last Friday, when MSN Live ran their 30% off eBay sale. Scored a new Aero Highwayman for $625-187=$438!

I can't decide on brown or cordovan. I already have four black leather jackets (three Vansons, one "mall leather") although most of those are for motorcycling, so I want something in a color other than black. Decisions, decisions ....

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nah. i balked and got a new guitar instead. being in the middle of texas wreaks havoc on my desire for winter wear and i'd probably only get a few weeks of leather jacket use each year. it's not so much the money as it is the principle. aeros deserve to be worn, broken in, and loved.

it's december 2 and was too warm for a simple hoodie for most of the day. 80 degrees tomorrow. bleh.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads