• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bishop of Briggs
Mercs used to be great - well built and reliable. Now they have reduced the quality of build and the reliability. They are pimp mobiles for corporate wannabes - accountants, lawyers and bankers. A British gentleman drives a Bristol, a Morgan, TVR, Lotus, an old MGB (e.g. Tom Mahon) or even a pre-BMW Mini Cooper.

But Your Grace, none of those have a back seat worth mentioning, let alone much trunk space, apart from one of the Bristols, which must be 200,000 pounds. Where does the British gentleman put his children, his groceries, and, perhaps most importantly to him, his dogs? Or does he not spawn, cook, or hunt?

Dashing1

Reaction score
I have a pair of Ferragamo chocolate suede captoes that I have really enjoyed. The quality of the suede compares favorably to other suedes I have, and they seem to be fairly durable (I've had them for about 3 years).

They are about as fashion-forward as I go, but I like them and would recommend them to anyone who prefers that shape and style of shoe.

EuropeanInterloper Redux

Reaction score
Ferragamos have (mostly) served me well as I have exceptionally slim feet. Beware, however, the studio line. They are no longer marked as such, but I believe that if the shoe has a blueish sole on it and a giant omega on the heel you shouldn't make the purchase. Of course, the salesmen assure me that the studio line is discontinued, but a pair of shoes I bought this summer are already dead, so I wonder.

Tramezzas are great, as are the Lavaratzione (however that's spelled).

EI

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had a pair of Ferragamo loafers for about 4 years now, extremely heavy wearing of them...wore them in pretty rough conditions....the leather has been fantastic and I have resoled them once with no problem. Also had some minor stitching redone on the shoe. these are the ones i got (or very similar)...they have a rubber waffle type of sole....but surprisingly I was able to get them re-soled. http://www.berenshoes.com/product.as...cd2=1220933630 honestly, one of the best shoes I've owned.

Almighty2

Reaction score
Speaking about the Tramezza line, are they the same quality as the John Lobb, not sure the line but it's like $1,500 or are they a lot worst? And let's leave the price out as a factor. Also, are they the same sizing?

agavilanes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought these!
bounce2.gif

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/...0,0,0&format=0

So, I will let you know...

satorstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Almighty2
Speaking about the Tramezza line, are they the same quality as the John Lobb, not sure the line but it's like $1,500 or are they a lot worst? And let's leave the price out as a factor. Also, are they the same sizing?

They are not close to JL, but very well made in any right. They average for 600-900 dollars not including exotic skins. Primarily Goodyear welted, pretty good calf skin, and decent styling. The sizing tends to be true in length the width tends to be a little slim.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair from forum member Teddie Reiley.....I LOVE 'EM.

They're a bit 'snug' but definitely a very nice pair of shoes.

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by satorstyle
They are not close to JL, but very well made in any right. They average for 600-900 dollars not including exotic skins. Primarily Goodyear welted, pretty good calf skin, and decent styling. The sizing tends to be true in length the width tends to be a little slim.

IMO, you would have to get 50% of JL to get the same quality/value ratio as you would get from FT's at regular price.

Jacksdad

Reaction score
Big fan of Ferragamo shoes....especially their drivers which seem to hold up very well.

agavilanes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jacksdad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by agavilanes
Trying to upload photos of my new (and used) ferragamos. I get'em for USD 70 on the bay.

I'm learning this upload thing, so, I hope this works.

my_tram.jpg

my_tram2.jpg

Opinions?

Those are a steal!!! Beautiful shoes....
worship.gif

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Studio Line gets a horrible rap here, I think. I have two pairs, one which I got for under $150 and one which I got for $75, brand new, never worn. The Bruce oxford is the best fitting shoe I have and the uppers is really nice, soft, and provide nice color when shined. The other pair I have is a split toe suede shoe which goes well with almost everything.

I realize they get a lot of flack for being glued or whatever, but they've held up over this past year with absolutely no problems despite a lot of wear. And as one poster said above, who cares how it's made as long as it lasts?

I also have a mainline pair of Ferragamo loafers which are just horrible.

HATORI HANZO

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheessus
The Studio Line gets a horrible rap here, I think. I have two pairs, one which I got for under $150 and one which I got for $75, brand new, never worn. The Bruce oxford is the best fitting shoe I have and the uppers is really nice, soft, and provide nice color when shined. The other pair I have is a split toe suede shoe which goes well with almost everything.

I realize they get a lot of flack for being glued or whatever, but they've held up over this past year with absolutely no problems despite a lot of wear. And as one poster said above, who cares how it's made as long as it lasts?

I also have a mainline pair of Ferragamo loafers which are just horrible.

I have the bruce and as a work shoe it great for me. Paid $120 for them at half yearly with my discount.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads