• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pinup necktie, 50s or 60s. Any info?

breakfasteatre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ive seen a picture or two in the past of these pinup neckties on this forum, but i cant find the original threads they were talked about in.

So, who has info? It seems like a man with a very ecclectic taste in neckties died or gave up his entire collection. Some of the most bizarre stuff ive ever seen.

This was the only one worth picking up.

Im loving the dog house with the dog bone in front. Any significance?

337707511.jpg

337707562.jpg

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What a cool looking tie! I wouldn't mind having that in my collection.

Maybe it's supposed to signify that all men are dogs?

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow I sold a tie just like that a while back... it was black and made in England... I'll see if I can find the thread...

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found the thread, but the pictures are gone!~ http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=48617
Originally Posted by breakfasteatre
Im loving the dog house with the dog bone in front. Any significance?
AlanC made an astute observation in my earlier thread with a similar tie (almost identical except yours is blue and mine was black):
Originally Posted by AlanC
I think the crossed sticks are likely golf clubs. golf, beer, cards = being in the doghouse
Breakfasteatre - does yours have similar labels? "Created by craftsmen for Walter Osborn - 49 Villiers Street; Charing Cross, London WC2" and another two labels read, "Doghouse - Registered No. 903699" and "Made from Terylene Polyester ICI"? Not to threadjack, but I do have another pinup tie -- however this one is much more risque than the one posted above... the one I'm thinking of selling has a beautiful woman on the reverse side but she is FULLY nude... completely nude... definitely NSFW. I believe it's from the same era. If anyone's interested I'll list it in B&S.

breakfasteatre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mine has Doghouse - Registered No. 903699
and Made from Terylene Polyester ICI

but thats it, but obviously, the same tie. cool!

the other ties, although none had a pinup girl, were really really weird. Lots of polyester 60s ties, some bizarre 4-5" wide wool knit ties, 3 inch wide wool square end ties, etc etc

TBSDSpaniard

Reaction score
americajinda....is right in the previous thread..D&G did do something like that a while back....grey tie had a redhead in blue lingerie....black tie a blonde in red lingrie...and the one that I have navy blue with a brunette in yellow lingerie...dont wear it much but keep it around. I'll try and post some pics on the weekend.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are some pics I took this morning of a pinup tie I have... any info? Can anybody tell me anything about it? WARNING: NSFW (although it does fall into the category of art)
b001.jpg
b005.jpg
b007.jpg
b009.jpg

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
b022.jpg
b023.jpg

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, I guess they didn't use Razors in the 60's.

I love these pinup ties, though. Thanks for posting the pics.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads