• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Doc Marten Boots In Style Anymore?

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kookydooky
Do the made in china ones still say 'Made in England' refering to the brand being from england or will it actually say made in china somewhere on them because I have no Idea which are the ones I got.
The MIE ones have "Made in England" on the sole and inside the shoe.
I also bought them off a girl and I dont know if they have seperate girl/guy sizing for them or if they go nder the same mens UK size since they are unisex
On mine the size is printed inside the shoe as US men's size. Subtract one to get the US women's size, add one to get the UK size.
How tall are you bbaquiran?
I am 5'4". Incidentally I am wearing my black 3-hole DMs today. The look like the ones SuperBobo posted on the first page.

kookydooky

Reaction score
Sweet mine say Made in England on the inside and on the sole.

I just thought the Made in England ones didnt have the Black lining on the top of the boot.

ang_kangkong

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
i have the monochrome black shoes and boots, a pair of 14 hole oxblood boots from 1992, steel-toed 10 hole black boots from 1990 all in heavy rotation still.

Can we have pics? Especially the monochromes.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i have them on in a few waywts but i can post some when i get home later.

ang_kangkong

Reaction score
^ ^ ^
Someone's on the internet early...

Out of curiosity, did the leather get shinier or duller? Ever spit shine it?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the leather on my old pairs is about as matte as it gets. the monochromes are pretty dull to begin with.

blake

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
Doc Martens are not my thing, but they are classic IMO. They are also owned by Nike now, made in China, yada yada, so not the same thing anymore. Get Smart won't be back for a while, but I'm sure he'd recommend Grinders, which *I think* he said they are still made in the UK and higher quality.

Anyway, doesn't matter if they are in or not right now. Here at the Steez, we're all about doing things our own way, fuggedabbout da trendz.

didi anyone ever confirm if they were owned by nike?

dave

Reaction score
dr-martens-tassle-loafer-monkey-1.jpg

only shot I can find for now. I haven't actually heard the release date except for "fall or winter" so I expect them anytime I guess.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^sign of the apocalypse?

dave

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
^sign of the apocalypse?

how do you figure? they've made them in the past. it's roots for DM. My only hope is that they'll be MIE.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^just not my thing i guess.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
yea those loafers are classic...on the right guy tough as hell for days off from wearing boots. Looks great on chicks tho....one of my fave looks for girls are those oxblood loafers with white bobby socks, fishnets, short skirt, buttondown check top.....
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

but those loafers would look weird on Kunk....guy's just TOO buff to be wearing those.

dave

Reaction score
i hear ya. I know the tassels are an "acquired" taste to say the least.

there was a time that I wouldn't wear anything other than tassels or long wings as "dressy" shoes though so this type of thing is totally up my alley. not the suede though. def. don't dig the suede.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ i get a semi at the though of my old sister-school's goth and skin and new waver girls with the bobby socks and steel-toed oxbloods. good god, I loved high school.

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to get a pair of those tasseled kiltie loafers!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads