• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gloves PSA

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks to a gift certificate to Venanzi, I went in there a few weeks ago and picked up a pair of beautiful, cashmere lined peccary gloves. They had a wide variety of colors, including a beautiful yellow. I nearly bought those when the owner pulled out a pair of gloves in my size in cream. I had never seen cream peccary before. It was a tough call, but the cream was really nice aso I went with those.

The gloves are sized, and have a beautiful MOP pearl button closure.

Today was the first wearing.

Venanzi is very pricey, but has a beautifully edited selection. they also have bespoke tailoring, done upstairs, including the trousers. I saw some of the work in process, including something for someone I know (from the real word, not the forums) and it seemed pretty well done.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do they also sell calfskin, goatskin or deerskin gloves also? Following the PSA spirit perhaps you could provide a range of prices?
I stopped by the Sermoneta store last year and their peccary gloves were about $230, while calfskin gloves were $110 to $170.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is in Ohio, right? Dayton I think?

emptym

Reaction score
^ NYC.

I stumbled upon Venanzi one time. Great stuff. Very knowledgeable, very generous man. We talked for about an hour even though it was pretty clear I coudn't afford anything in the store. He even gave me a tie at the end of our conversation, let me pick whichever one I wanted.

emptym

Reaction score
^I wondered.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dmax
Do they also sell calfskin, goatskin or deerskin gloves also? Following the PSA spirit perhaps you could provide a range of prices?
I stopped by the Sermoneta store last year and their peccary gloves were about $230, while calfskin gloves were $110 to $170.

They sold lots of other types of gloves, though I honed in on the peccary and didn't check all the others. I remember deerskin and driving gloves. Prices are higher than Sermonetta

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Thanks to a gift certificate to Venanzi, I went in there a few weeks ago and picked up a pair of beautiful, cashmere lined peccary gloves. They had a wide variety of colors, including a beautiful yellow. I nearly bought those when the owner pulled out a pair of gloves in my size in cream. I had never seen cream peccary before. It was a tough call, but the cream was really nice aso I went with those.

The gloves are sized, and have a beautiful MOP pearl button closure.

Today was the first wearing.

Venanzi is very pricey, but has a beautifully edited selection. they also have bespoke tailoring, done upstairs, including the trousers. I saw some of the work in process, including something for someone I know (from the real word, not the forums) and it seemed pretty well done.

ok, now I am deeply consumed with jelously....

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have seen these peccary and alpaca gloves posted elsewhere in SF, but thought I would do so again.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=250304188103

They have cream peccary. While they are likely nowhere close to Venanzi quality, they are also nowhere close to Venanzi in price either. I am probably going to pick a pair up, and if I do I will post a review of them.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denning
I have seen these peccary and alpaca gloves posted elsewhere in SF, but thought I would do so again.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=250304188103

They have cream peccary. While they are likely nowhere close to Venanzi quality, they are also nowhere close to Venanzi in price either. I am probably going to pick a pair up, and if I do I will post a review of them.

I can't comment on the relative quality - the Venanzi ones are really nicely made - but if I didn't have the gift certificate and had both choices in front of me, I would probably have chosen the ebay ones. It would be nice to know if anyone has seen them in person and could comment on the quality.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have three pairs from the Ebay seller and they are TOP NOTCH Quality.

In fact I have a sized pair (size 9 or large) in dark brown, brand new, only tried on, for sale.

These gloves are peccary leather, super supple, lined in alpaca, which is very warm. They are hand-sewn (yes, not Italian hands, but nontheless HUMAN hands).

I compare them to my Barneys house label, made in Italy peccary leather gloves. The Peruvian ones wins hand down both in quality, warmth, stylishness, and above all, value.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Stopped by yesterday, one of the most beautiful stores I've ever been in. Henry and Gene are both very nice and welcoming. Edited selection of suits, shirts, sportcoats, umbrellas, gloves, bags, etc. Use a lot of Harrison's fabrics for RTW (which looks like its made by Belvest). Gloves were $350 and probably the nicest I've seen.

Bespoke operation seems to be up and running. From what I saw it was high quality stuff much in line with SR and Napoli. Prices were steep, however.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
Stopped by yesterday, one of the most beautiful stores I've ever been in. Henry and Gene are both very nice and welcoming. Edited selection of suits, shirts, sportcoats, umbrellas, gloves, bags, etc. Use a lot of Harrison's fabrics for RTW (which looks like its made by Belvest). Gloves were $350 and probably the nicest I've seen.

Bespoke operation seems to be up and running. From what I saw it was high quality stuff much in line with SR and Napoli. Prices were steep, however.

I'll bet $100 you were the only customer there.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I'll bet $100 you were the only customer there.
Nope. There were 3 other gentlemen in the store, one was being fitted for a glen check bespoke suit. Bad experience?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads