• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pics of your denim - denim fades and evolution

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I posted some pics of these earlier, but not only am I once again bored, but I thought I could take a few better pics.

Got these in Tulsa sometime in 2007 for about 2$. They didn't fit at first, but after a little SF/Sufu education I soaked em and squeezed into them.

Thrifted Levis 503 Bxx
29-34

Almost all the fades were there when I bought them.

soaked once, no washes.

DSCN2839-1.jpg

DSCN2843.jpg

DSCN2844.jpg

DSCN2846.jpg

DSCN2848.jpg

DSCN2856.jpg

DSCN2858.jpg

DSCN2860.jpg

DSCN2861.jpg

DSCN2862.jpg

DSCN2863.jpg

DSCN2865.jpg

Brutus

Reaction score
Update on a pair of my Japanese denims. Just did my second wash. First three pics are pre-wash, last 7 are post-wash. Color in first and last pics is spot on. The fadez look brighter in the last pic because the dirt hiding in the first pics got washed away in the wash.
DSCI0002.jpg
DSCI0004.jpg
DSCI0040.jpg
DSCI0056.jpg
DSCI0068.jpg
DSCI0073.jpg
DSCI0080.jpg
DSCI0081.jpg
DSCI0094.jpg
DSCI0100.jpg
Enjoy.

Brutus

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm not a giant fan of uber-fades (but I will be when I have a pair with some) so for me these are just about perfect.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Not to get completely CSI with denim but it's interesting how your right thigh has creasemarks that your left doesn't. I noticed my Crates have the same assymetrical creasing like yours only mine are on the left thigh.

erbs

Reaction score
^^^

That's because on LHT twill denim creases go against the twill lines on the right leg and with them on the left leg. It is easier to form creases against the grain, so the right leg ends up with more creases.

It is the exact opposite on RHT denim. My Samurais have more creases on the left leg because the go against the grain of the RHT denim.

Brutus

Reaction score
I always thought it was because my right leg had an interesting twist to it. The tongue on my right foot shoes always shifts to the side as well. I just figured it was all related.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brutus
I always thought it was because my right leg had an interesting twist to it. The tongue on my right foot shoes always shifts to the side as well. I just figured it was all related.
instructoart_cuckoo.gif

nyc_gaucho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
I posted some pics of these earlier, but not only am I once again bored, but I thought I could take a few better pics.

Got these in Tulsa sometime in 2007 for about 2$. They didn't fit at first, but after a little SF/Sufu education I soaked em and squeezed into them.

Thrifted Levis 503 Bxx
29-34

Almost all the fades were there when I bought them.

soaked once, no washes.

what an incredibly awesome thrifting find, robbie...i'll never get so lucky...
frown.gif

i don't remember ever seeing these on you in the waywn thread...i'm curious to see a fit pic

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it also has to do with the wallet being in the pocket of that side. It's the same deal with my jeans and I think the fabric pulls differently because of the bulge of the wallet.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nyc_gaucho
what an incredibly awesome thrifting find, robbie...i'll never get so lucky...
frown.gif

i don't remember ever seeing these on you in the waywn thread...i'm curious to see a fit pic

DSC_0028.jpg

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
I think it also has to do with the wallet being in the pocket of that side. It's the same deal with my jeans and I think the fabric pulls differently because of the bulge of the wallet.
Not....really. His wallet is on the same side I carry mine and yet his lap creases are completely opposite to mine. I realize it's almost noon over there but could you please put down the bottle?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads