• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumn Foliage in Osaka

T900

Reaction score
Could only find that you see autumn foliage in Autumn. But does anyone know the exact period e.g. end Oct, early Nov, mid Nov...?

Thanks.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by T900
Could only find that you see autumn foliage in Autumn. But does anyone know the exact period e.g. end Oct, early Nov, mid Nov...?

Thanks.

Autumn foliage generally starts appearing in Hokkaido (the northernmost large island) in September and then "moves south" as the weather becomes colder.

From memory, you don't get much autumn foliage around Kyoto (which is about 30 mins from Osaka by train) until mid-to-late November or even early December in warmer winters.

I don't know if you simply mentioned Osaka for convenience, but there's not really too much to see in the way of foliage in Osaka, compared to Kyoto. It's definitely worth spending a day or two in the Kyoto-Nara area if you can get away from Osaka.

Here are some photos of autumn foliage in Kyoto from an English language newspaper.
By the way, autumn foliage in Japanese is "koyo".

http://www.kyoto-np.co.jp/kp/english...hemomiji1.html

T900

Reaction score
JM

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I will definitely making my way to Kyoto; the plan is to split about 6 days between the 2.

If that's the case, I will schedule my trip towards the end of Nov then.

Thanks again.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Are you already in Japan? If so, then it's worth the trip.

If you are going all the way to Japan to view foliage... it's probably not worth it. You could probably see nice foliage in most any temperate climate in the world at that time of year.

And, yes, Osaka is just a giant city... not much to see there nature-wise. I'd spend more time in Kyoto and Nara, as the other poster suggests.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some koyo pr0n:
src_105.jpg
src_698.jpg
src_710.jpg
src_89.jpg
src_445.jpg
src_57.jpg
src_392.jpg
src_245.jpg
src_230.jpg
src_196.jpg
src_651.jpg
src_681.jpg
src_108.jpg
src_628.jpg
src_115.jpg

Mr T

Reaction score
Also, Lake Towada near Aomori in the northern tip of Honshu has spectacular autumn foliage if you are traveling soon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads