• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nice slim slacks for $200 retail

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Howdy.

I have a list I compiled of high-quality slim slacks (by no means comprehensive):

- borelli
- incotex
- zegna
- valentini
- zanella
- ralph lauren (polo, bl, pl)
- barba

I have obtained several pieces from these brands on deep discount. However, right now I am in a bind and need to buy a couple of pairs this weekend or so. Beggars can't be choosers and I expect to pay full retail. What brand slacks are slim-fitting with somewhat quality material that I can buy for $200 retail? I am in NYC so I can pretty much go to any store. Thanks for any tips.

P.S. H&M is an obvious choice but I am looking for something of better quality, and H&M slacks are ridiculously tight (moreso than Incotex or Black Label even).

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hugo Boss, Uniqlo, Zara, Club Monaco.

Not necessarily retail, but check Daffy's as well for their Italian pants selection (including Mabitex, Officium Vestina etc.)

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Hugo Boss, Uniqlo, Zara, Club Monaco. Not necessarily retail, but check Daffy's as well for their Italian pants selection (including Mabitex, Officium Vestina etc.)
Is Hugo Boss actually slim? I find Zara and CM quality a bit lacking, but Uniqlo has always fit well on me. Thanks!

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I wouldn't pay retail, but I also find that Theory's slacks are often decent... slim fit, flat-front, sort of like Jil, Helmut, or Prada but cheaper. If you could find them for $100 or less, they may be worth a shot.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Is Hugo Boss actually slim? I find Zara and CM quality a bit lacking, but Uniqlo has always fit well on me. Thanks!

A tad fuller than most Incotex(or fits similar to the Incotex for Faconnable), but slim enough for most body types.

kuel

Reaction score
What brand pants would fit similar to the Uniqlo flat front wool pants? (ie: good for guys with no ass)
I'm in Aus, so it'd have to be available online...

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Incotex, Zanella, and the Blue label Ralph Lauren all have different models that may or may not be slim.

The Incotex models for the US market, for instance, are quite full in the seat.

The Blue label Ralph Laurent (ones made in Italy and retail >$350) comes in models Dalton, Colony, Regent, and Dillon. None of these particular models are what I would call slim.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Incotex, Zanella, and the Blue label Ralph Lauren all have different models that may or may not be slim.

The Incotex models for the US market, for instance, are quite full in the seat.

The Blue label Ralph Laurent (ones made in Italy and retail >$350) comes in models Dalton, Colony, Regent, and Dillon. None of these particular models are what I would call slim.

By BL I was referring to Black Label, which are QUITE slim (but of course size down 1). Incotex I find to be as slim as Black Label. There is definite junk compression going on. I do not own Zanella perfectly so I don't know about that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads