• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
How tailored is it exactly? That site recommends sizing up one which I'm very skeptical about.

I think its true to size for us. I got a 38. Exchanges are really easy I guess. Victoria is great!

boozingalcoholic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by buttonman
does schott really fit like this?

http://www.1starmy.com/uploadimages/Product_726_enl.JPG

Hey, I actually tried on the schott and didn't like the fit. I sized down to a 36S from my usual 38s and fitted weird (I'm a pretty normal shaped guy). I remember it being kinda boxy in the shoulders.

I currently own a sized down sterlingwear and it fits very slim....similar to that schott picture! The typical proportions you would expect from an off the rack suit. Good luck.

gawkrodger

Reaction score
I like the look of the new APC peacoat
apc-2008-fw-sep-release-2.jpg
It doesn't seem to have hit the UK yet though unfortunetly

buttonman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by boozingalcoholic
Hey, I actually tried on the schott and didn't like the fit. I sized down to a 36S from my usual 38s and fitted weird (I'm a pretty normal shaped guy). I remember it being kinda boxy in the shoulders.

I currently own a sized down sterlingwear and it fits very slim....similar to that schott picture! The typical proportions you would expect from an off the rack suit. Good luck.

thanks for the advice

been busy trying to find a nice, dark charcoal peacoat that doesnt fit like this
http://www.gistuff.com/productcart/p...g/7064_big.jpg

i really like how jalana models the peacoat, i don't need to have something super slim fit like the inapt but something that looks good
http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/jalana...ize/index.html
i like the fit on the first model, is it similar to that?

dtk_King

Reaction score
Sorry to Revive a dead thread, but i can't seem to find anyone who is close to my height and isn't like 150+ pounds.

I'm 5'10, 130 pounds, 30 inch waist and 34 inch chest. I want to get this for a winter jacket and i have the order all set up just waiting for my confirmation email. I'm concerned i won't be able to layer much under this. I want to at least be able to throw a not-too-thick hoody underneath along with a t-shirt or two. Should i get a medium or large?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Medium, no doubt. I'm 6ft 155, 32waist (don't know chest, probably 38) and a large is more than comfy enough for me. I'm guessing you're slimmer than me by your measurements so the medium should be fine for you with room to layer. I was able to layer my large at my size. I wore a tshirt and sweater underneath it fine.

~Stangzorized~

Reaction score
I have a Black in Medium... in perfect condition.. If anyone wants to trade straight across for the same in a size large, PM me.

mister_h0t_d0g

Reaction score
Allo, allo... Anybody have an idea how this Dunderdon peacoat fits in real life? I've read that a lot of their stuff fits rather boxily. http://www.dunderdon.com/products-me...ctor-wool.html (Dunderdon j29 victor) I need something for the upcoming Iowa winter (I go to Grinnell College, live in Portland, OR otherwise). I have a Gloverall duffel coat but it's unlined and woeful against the wind. I'm 5'11", ~160, there's some WAYWT pictures of me up in the threads if that would help. Ideally the coat would fit rather slim. Thanks, BK PS - Any other ideas appreciated, would like it to be 100% wool if possible. Sterlingwear is definitely an option.

rockket

Reaction score
Preface: Don't shoot me if there's a thread like this already, searched and came up with nothing/very little to work with.

Does anyone have pictures of themselves in their sized-down Sterlingwear? I'm looking into purchasing a Sterlingwear peacoat, but there seems to be a lack of pictures of actual members wearing a sized down peacoat. I want something slim, good quality, and as cheap as possible. I'm 5'7 so it can't be too long either.

If it matters, I'm also looking at Old Navy (kids perhaps) and H&M.

Thanks.
RK

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
waywn.jpg

a gift from the fiance, I think it was a husky boys peacoat in the late 1960s... I dunno. The inside tag reads:

stanley

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

8bpc

Reaction score
What model coat are those? The AUTHENTIC?
Are all of those the Regular length option?
Are people sizing down one in the coat size or one in their chest size and providing the appropriate coat size for that chest measure? What would you suggest if you are between chest sizes on their chart?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads