• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1st Porsche SUV, now Lambo sedan

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

micbain

Reaction score
Porsche is coming out with a 4 door sedan as well. I understand they are very profitable but I don't like these companies straying away from what made them so special and iconic. Whats next? A ferrari minivan? C'mon.

humza

Reaction score
Originally Posted by micbain
Whats next? A ferrari minivan? C'mon.

That's coming next year actually..
sarcasm.gif

Porsche Panamera looks hideous on the road, and I'm sure this Lambo will too.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Porsche is coming out with a 4 door sedan as well. I understand they are very profitable but I don't like these companies straying away from what made them so special and iconic. Whats next? A ferrari minivan? C'mon.

As an owner of a Porsche Cayenne S for 5 years, I don't think they "strayed". It is a wonderful car that has all the handling and feel for the road that one expects in a Porsche. It's overwhelming sales popularity is a testament to Porsche for not just developing an amazing product but for having the vision as a company to make changes in it's product line. The Porsche SUV was a brilliant move.

On the other hand, Lamborghini has had a lot of missteps along the path of it's history. I doubt that their customer is as practical as a Porsche customer and therefor I can't see their sedan being much of a success.

humza

Reaction score
I sort of like the Cayenne. The design is better than most luxury SUV's I've seen. They are certainly rare where I live (I see too many X5, X3, Mercedes, and Lexus RX/GX), so seeing a Cayenne is kind of refreshing.

But a Lambo sedan? How can they expect it to sell well? I can picture it on the street now: Long, and disgusting.

micbain

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
As an owner of a Porsche Cayenne S for 5 years, I don't think they "strayed". It is a wonderful car that has all the handling and feel for the road that one expects in a Porsche. It's overwhelming sales popularity is a testament to Porsche for not just developing an amazing product but for having the vision as a company to make changes in it's product line. The Porsche SUV was a brilliant move.

On the other hand, Lamborghini has had a lot of missteps along the path of it's history. I doubt that their customer is as practical as a Porsche customer and therefor I can't see their sedan being much of a success.

I'm sure the Porsche cayenne is a fine product. I didn't mean to imply it was shoddy but when I think of Porsche I think of the 911 which is quite possibly the best all around sports car on the road and not a big, bloated luxury SUV.

I think the tremendous sales in the US are also a testament to the once unquenchable thirst for SUV's and status symbols. Every manufacturer sold a boat load of SUV's over the past 10 years.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know a couple fellas who picked up the Cayenne as soon as it'd hit the market.
Well, they've been banging their head against the wall for the duration of their respective lease contracts.
To add insult to injury, one guy's service manager would put him in some rental shytbox from Enterprise.
After his dealership sold the guy $100K vehicle
devil.gif

humza

Reaction score
I'm sure the Porsche cayenne is a fine product. I didn't mean to imply it was shoddy but when I think of Porsche I think of the 911 which is quite possibly the best all around sports car on the road and not a big, bloated luxury SUV.

I think the tremendous sales in the US are also a testament to the once unquenchable thirst for SUV's and status symbols. Every manufacturer sold a boat load of SUV's over the past 10 years.

What I'd give for an old 930 or 993 turbo...the new 911's are cool too.
tounge.gif

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christofuh
Well, they've been banging their head against the wall for the duration of their respective lease contracts.

Why would they be banging their heads against the wall for anything to do other than them not being realistic about the terms of the lease. What does that have to do with the car?

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Lambo, at least, isn't as ugly as the Porsche Cayenne, and while that's not saying much, I think it's pretty sharp. Good point about Lambo drivers being less practical though.

~ H

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For a 4-seater sports car, I like the Lotus Evora:

2010-lotus-evora-top.jpg

2732455751_583c6b1c72.jpg

2733279274_71a970c506.jpg

280 HP, 3000 lbs, 30 MPG. Unfortunately, it will probably cost an arm and a leg.

--Andre

humza

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Andre Yew
For a 4-seater sports car, I like the Lotus Evora:

2010-lotus-evora-top.jpg

2732455751_583c6b1c72.jpg

2733279274_71a970c506.jpg

280 HP, 3000 lbs, 30 MPG. Unfortunately, it will probably cost an arm and a leg.

--Andre

Take notes everyone: a 2door, 4 seat exotic can be pulled off. A 4 door, 4 seat, however, cannot.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These just really shouldn't be done. I'd much rather drive an excellent Audi sport sedan than Lambo that tried to shoehorn it's design trademarks on a boxier sedan shape.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads