• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The 3-Piece Thred

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gorgonzola
White 3-piece from www.suitopia.com :

http://www.suitopia.com/customer_gallery.aspx

lars1.JPG

It needs an accessory...such as a Polynesian dwarf wearing a matching suit....

Look at them posting a shot of a model with his bottom button done up. And I am supposed to trust these guys to make me look good?

niklas5.JPG

And here is a shot of their CEO...look at how his collar is all warped and his lousy tie knot. And would anyone else say the jacket is too short? :

DSC00088.JPG

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EuropeanInterloper Redux
If you had a choice, would you have the vest with lapels or without?
I like the vest with the lapel.

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
And here is a shot of their CEO...look at how his collar is all warped and his lousy tie knot. And would anyone else say the jacket is too short? :

DSC00088.JPG

lousy tie knot, yes. jacket too short, no.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vitaminc
lousy tie knot, yes. jacket too short, no.

Maybe it's just how it looks with the button pulling so much.

Rebel_5

Reaction score
I think that, of the three Brooks suits pictured, only the middle-- the brown plaid-- works with a lapelled vest. Its king of a British country look, so the lapelled vest works. The Golden Fleece and the Regent are more business-y and would work better without the lapels.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems that every single major label, store and manufacturer is showing at least one three-piece this season.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

DSC00088.JPG

Is that a rogue pocket square?

Love the shoes.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rebel_5
I think that, of the three Brooks suits pictured, only the middle-- the brown plaid-- works with a lapelled vest. Its king of a British country look, so the lapelled vest works. The Golden Fleece and the Regent are more business-y and would work better without the lapels.

Right on. I am a no lapel guy for the office or city. Rather I would be if I purchased a three piece suit, which I may do this winter. i am kind of assuming there will be some good merchandise on sale since so may investment bankers are probably not buying a new suit this year.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am guessing this will be their new suit, if any this year...

barrellmansmall.jpg

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am guessing this will be their new suit, if any this year...

barrellmansmall.jpg

Ahh very nice the JWBL Stave suit in oak...nice choice!

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts
Ahh very nice the JWBL Stave suit in oak...nice choice!
I don't know...the tailoring is a bit tight...you think it makes him look a little wooden?

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps the great unpleasantness in the financial markets and the resurgance in the 3 piece are perfectly aligned to cause a greater shift towards serious professional dressing for the serious professionals who will be left.

EuropeanInterloper Redux

Reaction score
And the lapels are notch? Peak?
Bizarre questions, I'm sure, but I haven't had a chance to see examples of what is considered classical.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zara has a gray/black three piece out for Winter this year as well. No lapel. I'm not a fan of the color but for the price it can't be beat for an entry level 3-piece.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads