• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hip-Hop Jams You're Feeling Right Now

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probaly with It Ain't Hard to Tell my favorite single ever.
Black Moon- I Gotch Open

Resonsible for one of Hip Hops most memorable and quoted rhymes. "I like Black,Brown, Puerto Rican or Haitian"
Electric Relaxation

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jpeirpont
Black Moon- I Gotch Open

Resonsible for one of Hip Hops most memorable and quoted rhymes. "I like Black,Brown, Puerto Rican or Haitian"
Electric Relaxation

What do you know about Black Moon?

I know I posted this somewhere before, but this is my favorite Devin joint. Dre 3000 killed the track.

Devin is one of Scarface's guys, they usually do pretty good stuff together. You might like Scarface's "The Fix" album, it has beats by Neptunes and Kanye, and features joints with Nas, Jay-Z, Devin, Faith Evans, Kelly Price and Beanie Siegal....plus it got 5 mics in the source, when first released.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black Moon- I Gotch Open

Electric Relaxation

Phife has always been under-rated.

And speaking of story-telling:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Outkast - Da Art of Storytelling

sublime.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
from the same (classic) album:

Spottieottiedopaliscious

the brief Sleepy Brown intro is great, but Andre 3K's verse is one of the most mesmerizing pieces of spoken word poetry I've ever heard, the imagery is vivid and epic...

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe

Devin is one of Scarface's guys, they usually do pretty good stuff together. You might like Scarface's "The Fix" album, it has beats by Neptunes and Kanye, and features joints with Nas, Jay-Z, Devin, Faith Evans, Kelly Price and Beanie Siegal....plus it got 5 mics in the source, when first released.

Yeah, that's a great album. "On My Block" gives me an almost overwhelming urge to sit outside with a brew and blow some pine.

Speaking of Devin, new album drops on the 7th!

devintheduderz3.jpg

yerfdog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Electric Relaxation

But not memorable enough apparently?
laugh.gif
Phife likes them brown, yellow, Puerto Rican or Haitian, but he doesn't ever mention black....

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yerfdog
But not memorable enough apparently?
laugh.gif
Phife likes them brown, yellow, Puerto Rican or Haitian, but he doesn't ever mention black....

Bastard
smile.gif
I knew something about it didn't sound right.

adamsnez

Reaction score
back on page like 9 or w/e, BIG UPS to the guys who mentioned cunninlynguists and anything Qn5 related.

PLIZZLE
wink.gif

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anything by Digable Planets, Tribe Called Quest and the Roots.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tricky
Anything by Digable Planets, Tribe Called Quest and the Roots.
lol. I remember high school. Wait till you hear this crazy guy name Talib Kweli! African name and no radio play so you know it's good.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
Yeah, that's a great album. "On My Block" gives me an almost overwhelming urge to sit outside with a brew and blow some pine.

Speaking of Devin, new album drops on the 7th!

devintheduderz3.jpg

I didn't even know he had a new album ready for release.

....I need to get my ear back to the streets, needless to say....when it drops I will get it.

What part of Texas are you from?

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few albums in the rotation over the past few days:

Pete Rock and C.L. Smooth- Mecca and the Soul Brother and The Main Ingredient. I think C.L. was/is very underrated.

J. Dilla- Donuts

L.L. Cool J- Radio

Special Ed- Legal

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamsnez
no one. dude had too much push

That easy, even Rakim agrees, Nas.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads