• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to Not Get Caught Cheating?

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken
I once made the same mixtape for two different girls. I felt awful.

Did you steal that from Chuck Klosterman?
laugh.gif
He writes, like, a whole chapter about it in Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs. Of course he uses it for a much larger metaphor than you probably would.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Foolproof disguise....

stache2.jpg

jhao

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
By not doing it in the first place.

+1

I you don't love her, leaver her, but don't lie.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Like Thomas, I've been married for a while (8 years next week) and am very happy in the role of devoted husband to my wife. We stuck to a lot of **** together and will probably will face even more crap ahead but that what makes our union sweet- the *****. And that's why I don't feel that cheating is worth the things you might lose if you get caught. Anyhoo, I also know of some close friends who are chronic cheaters- like its in their nature to chase tail, some are married, some are in long relationships. It's like they live a double life. I don't judge them, I happen to think some people are just like that and no matter what b.s. they put into their head that they're gonna stop eventually they go back to cheating.

So here's what I learned:
- get another cellphone line, never give the other girl your 1st phone number
- don't go to malls, restaurants, theaters, etc.. that you think your poor gf/wife's friends are probably hanging out in.
- make an excuse to the other girl that you're allergic to perfume/cologne. you don't want the smell to stick on your clothes or crotch.
- if you're gonna use your friends as an alibi to go out, you better make sure they're on the same page.

emptym

Reaction score
^Congrats! I wouldn't excuse people. That "advice" points to why it's not worth the effort. Then there are all the other consequences others have mentioned.
Originally Posted by Thomas
...Our ten-year anniversay is this month.
And to you too. Great story. Hoping to find someone like that myself.
Originally Posted by TyCooN
Here's something I'm confused about, most guys will ******** with a girl who already has a boyfriend without a second thought, but when you bring up cheating to them you will get a moral lesson. How does this work?
I doubt most guys are like that.
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
... I've turned down married women on a number of occasions....
+1. I've also turned down girls w/ boyfriends. Invariably, it's turned out to be the right decision.
Originally Posted by odoreater
One way is to not cheat. Just sayin'.
Originally Posted by tiecollector
By not doing it in the first place.
This is the answer.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
Like Thomas, I've been married for a while (8 years next week) and am very happy in the role of devoted husband to my wife. We stuck to a lot of **** together and will probably will face even more crap ahead but that what makes our union sweet- the *****. And that's why I don't feel that cheating is worth the things you might lose if you get caught. Anyhoo, I also know of some close friends who are chronic cheaters- like its in their nature to chase tail, some are married, some are in long relationships. It's like they live a double life. I don't judge them, I happen to think some people are just like that and no matter what b.s. they put into their head that they're gonna stop eventually they go back to cheating.

- don't go to malls, restaurants, theaters, etc.. that you think your poor gf/wife's friends are probably hanging out in.
- make an excuse to the other girl that you're allergic to perfume/cologne. you don't want the smell to stick on your clothes or crotch.
- if you're gonna use your friends as an alibi to go out, you better make sure they're on the same page.

Appreciate it, everyone is their own moral compass.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken
I once made the same mixtape for two different girls. I felt awful.

That made me lol.
Nice one.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Yeah, but this is StyleForum. Everyone's moral compass is better than the OP's...ALWAYS.

The CE forum, yes. The DT sub, it's the opposite.
rimshot.gif

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy

^^I think that sums it up very well.

-I would expect the SO to check your cellphone and emails, so take evasive measures in advance.

X-It

Reaction score

+1
smile.gif

Originally Posted by celery
I highly recommend cheating with another species. So far, I haven't met any animals that give away secrets.

cartoon1dl0.jpg

The key is... "No cheetah. Oops, I mean no cheating!"
lol8[1].gif

Truth. Cheating on someone is bullshit. Either you respect and care for someone or you don't. If you want something more than what you've got - go find it... but don't **** around, lie, and be selfish to try and keep something you don't deserve.

Nice words, Tokyo Slim.

Not purposefully trying to insult anyone or anything, its just a rather sore issue for me right now. I've cheated before... but that was a whole lifetime ago, and I regret it. It just isn't worth it. If you feel compelled to cheat and hide it from your s/o then there's something rotten in your relationship and lying about it and complicating matters only makes **** worse.

+1,000. Ain't worth it, huh!

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indeed. An open relationship is the ideal solution: devoted love and no pressure if one (or both) partners happens to like fooling around sometime.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads