• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommend me a liquor for this weekend

taktikz

Reaction score
I'm into whiskey.... My tastes for whisky are usually Chivas Regal, Pinch, Johnny Walker blue/black label.

I'd like to try something different this weekend... If it helps, it's going to accompany a cookout: steak or lamb...

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blanton's Bourbon. Its smooth, needs no mixing and has good depth. All-around very tasty, albiet pricy for a company BBQ.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Do you want whisky, or something else

If whisky...
Balvenie Doublewood - won't break the bank, exceedingly drinkable, classy single malt, ladies love it.
balvenie_doublewood.jpg

If not...
Citadelle Gin and some good vermouth/lillet blanc for martinis"
CR_Citadelle_Gin.jpg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with the Balvenie. Some nice manhattans over ice, with a good Canadian whisky, can't be beat at a BBQ too. Sherry Cask Aged CC or Wisers Deluxe.

taktikz

Reaction score
The Belvanie looks good... I don't have too much experience with American whisky...

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The recommendations of Balvenie and Elmer T. Lee are solid and easy to find at respectable prices.

If, however, you are looking for something a bit different I'd like to add to the list. Since it appears that you enjoy blended scotch, I highly recommend the offerings of Compass Box. They are definitely worth the money. I suggest Flaming Heart if you like a backbone of spice and a little peat, or the Oak Cross if you prefer smoother offerings.

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whiskey really doesn't scream "cookout" to me. I'd say, get yourself some nice beer or a good sangria recipe. If you're dead set on liquor, mixed drinks would be best. My vote is for the long island iced tea.

taktikz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Girardian
The recommendations of Balvenie and Elmer T. Lee are solid and easy to find at respectable prices.

If, however, you are looking for something a bit different I'd like to add to the list. Since it appears that you enjoy blended scotch, I highly recommend the offerings of Compass Box. They are definitely worth the money. I suggest Flaming Heart if you like a backbone of spice and a little peat, or the Oak Cross if you prefer smoother offerings.

How do these compare to Pinch, Chivas Regal, or Black/Blue label ? Taste-wise?

The Wayfarer

Reaction score
Basil Hayden's, very smooth and palatable Bourbon. Take it neat, low enough proof that it doesn't need a splash added to it.

liquorstraight.jpg

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If your a real man you'll drink this...

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jbreen1
If your a real man you'll drink this...
That looks like it should be on the FDA High Alert list. Makers never disappoints as these autumn days creep in...

chas

Reaction score
rittenhouse rye

If you can find it there is not a better bottle on a price to quality ration.

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Britalian
That looks like it should be on the FDA High Alert list.

Makers never disappoints as these autumn days creep in...

All legal my friend. They sell it at my local liquor store.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jbreen1
All legal my friend. They sell it at my local liquor store.

Under or over the counter?
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads