• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post workout meal

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Directly post workout is gatorade powder mixed with glutamine. A protein shake. And a pretty good dose of raw agave nectar - which serves as my sugar.

Then a shower.

Then more carbs and protein in the form of whatever food I feel.

Oldboy

Reaction score
immediately PWO: Gatorade (great source of fast-digesting carbs) mixed with 2 scoops of ON 100% whey protein

45-60 min later: high protein, moderate carb meal

before bed: 1 scoop of Syntha-6 mixed w/ water

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your training will have a bigger effect on results than whether you used maltodextrin or Lucky Charms after a workout...

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Your training will have a bigger effect on results than whether you used maltodextrin or Lucky Charms after a workout...

+1. I've switched from slow carbs (oats) to fast carbs (chocolate, high GI fruit, that sort of thing) and results have been similar AFAIK. Taste better now thou.

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Post-workout: 50g whey, big scoop of ground flaxseed, water, but after learning the need for carbs, I'm going to add some steel cut oats to this as well.

Dinner: lately it has been baby spinach salad, any other veggies in the house, and a can of tuna on top. With a delicious lemon dressing.

I am seeing good muscle gain and strength gains.

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Corn syrup won't replenish your glucose effectively. And most people don't deplete enoughy glucose in a workout to require huge replenishment PWO.

Why not? I'm talking about dark corn syrup, the kind that's 100% glucose. And I dissolve it in water before I drink it.

Originally Posted by Cary Grant
What ou cite above is pretty outdated (with all respect)- the fat/milk slowing digestion really isn't the issue people made it out to be either.

Yeah, I know the fat and milk thing is being increasingly challenged. I was aggregating the opinion of the entire Internets for the OP because I don't feel qualified to present a weighted aggregate.

I don't want to turn this thread into the same as every other workout thread, but it's a shame that scientific exercise studies aren't more plentiful...

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blank
Post-workout: 50g whey, big scoop of ground flaxseed, water, but after learning the need for carbs, I'm going to add some steel cut oats to this as well.

That must taste just awful...

I am a big fan of the Naked Juice protein shake, tastes great and has the right amount of proteins and sugar

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PrinceAli132
What time do you work out usually? Are you able to go home to prepare and eat your meal after working out?

Ali

I usually work out directly after work, or after class. It takes about 20 minutes to get home afterward, so I try and eat as soon as possible. So yes, I have pleanty of time to to prepare and eat my meal.

Karl Pooper

Reaction score
Shake:
Protein Powder 40g
Dextrose 20g
Maltodextrose 20g
Peanut Butter 1 Tbs
Milk 1 Cup
Water 1 Cup
Creatine 1 Tsp

zatarregaza

Reaction score
Originally Posted by smujd
Choc milk
Toast
Scrambled eggs with cheese
Coffee

+1 on the chocolate milk. I'll have one of these right after finishing my workout. Being that it is liquid you absorb it right away, so that you don't catabolize the muscle you've already built. I then have a light high protein meal about 30 minutes to an hour later.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
One medium size child. Blend.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Free range?

I am so sick of you human rights advocates. It's just a child. Lock it up in a cage for all I care, as long as it's delicious. You know most of these children get to spend all day on their Xbox before they're slaughtered anyway, right? It's a better life than most children get in the wild.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
I am so sick of you human rights advocates. It's just a child. Lock it up in a cage for all I care, as long as it's delicious. You know most of these children get to spend all day on their Xbox before they're slaughtered anyway, right? It's a better life than most children get in the wild.

funny-pictures-soylent-milk.jpg

lefty

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads