• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Diem
I agree, quality might be so-so still the cut/shape is amazing.

In years of buying designer clothing I've never had anything fall apart or something that would cause me to condemn the quality of it. Sort of the reason why I always
rolleyes.gif
when that topic is brought up.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
If this is the case I may need an overdye...
sleeves are about 1" long for me too, and I could use a slightly shorter hem

it could be a matter of production variance, but I'm jonesing to try on some different colors (I'm feeling that dark green one and black) at South Willard and see if it is indeed a slight difference in cut

Diem

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
In years of buying designer clothing I've never had anything fall apart or something that would cause me to condemn the quality of it. Sort of the reason why I always
rolleyes.gif
when that topic is brought up.

Dunno I don't have much Raf stuff but it seems to be all good so far.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A Harris just killed the last page.

Originally Posted by walneal
that RL belt is something I am looking for
nice!

There are some on eBay right now, albeit not cheap. As recent as last week there were 2 or 3 identical belts available for one third of that; needless to say he grabbed one of them.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shades of Greige Thursday Hoodie in Coated Graphite Cotton
SHAD-MO66_V1.jpg
Copped for just around $50 on Revolve thanks to the first time buyer discount, I needed an everyday fall jacket...

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
mjk,walneal,Get Smart,Whacked - Thanks!

Originally Posted by gawkrodger

Hell Yes! Is that a suede collar?

It is sort of like a moleskin fabric.

Originally Posted by dave
Is there an easy way to tell the difference between the 2? I have one my dad used to wear racing in the early-mid 70s when i was a lad but I don't know if it's actually from the 60s or early 70s and he doesn't remember either. I freakin' LOVE that jacket too. i hadn't considered adding another but....
tounge.gif

The 70's jackets have the larger Belstaff badge on the shoulder, larger/coarser stitching, and are cut longer and fuller in my experience. If it has the Sammy Miller tag like in my pics then it is probably not older than early 70's. Post a pic and I will take a guess at it.

FiveFiveFive

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
at higher price points, you should be getting higher quality materials (zippers, buttons etc) since it doesnt cost any money to make a good cut....but I hear ya, I'd be more inclined to pay $$ for a good cut with lesser materials than an inferior cut with top notch materials
Fit/cut is everything, but don't you just feel better when you wear something knowing it was made from the best materials? Even if it's something most people won't notice -- like the buttons or the zipper -- doesn't it just feel better because you know the details of what you're wearing? I'm still bugged to death that the Nom de Guerre trench from last season has a plastic belt buckle, or one that feels plastic, at least. Fits and looks great, but the cheap buckle kinda ruins the feel of wearing it.

dave

Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris
mjk,walneal,Get Smart,Whacked - Thanks!

It is sort of like a moleskin fabric.

The 70's jackets have the larger Belstaff badge on the shoulder, larger/coarser stitching, and are cut longer and fuller in my experience. If it has the Sammy Miller tag like in my pics then it is probably not older than early 70's. Post a pic and I will take a guess at it.

Thank you sir! I will try and remember to get a shot but from the sound of it I would suspect it's 70s vintage. That moleskin collar on the 50s version is the business! I may have to hunt one of those down.

bimmernate

Reaction score
I think my last sartorial purchase was probably a Rogues Gallery trucker hat. Its on their site.

ashenwreck

Reaction score
My Woolrich Woolen Mills Sports Cap in Herringbone came today. Glad I went with the XL, there's no way in hell I could have went smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads