• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tell me if this would be overtraining

beasty

Reaction score
Grayland;1334796 said:
Originally Posted by beasty
I would disagree with your point on not a whole lot of functionality because many IFBB pros can lift many times their bodyweight. I would agree if they are in effect human balloons.

Also, please note if not for their training, some can lift more. Jay don't lift as much as Ronnie but thats because of his frenetic pace in the gym.

All in all, would you like to look like Jay or some stunted powerlifted with bad acne on his back? Enuff said.[/QUOTE]

I'd be ashamed to look like either.

Its your perogative what you want to look like.
But if you take pride in your appearance, you would only want to look good ie nice barrel chest, cannon ball delts, cobra like lats, proportionate legs, trunk like arms and the infamous 6 pack. Gasp! Just like Jay!

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
Or aspires to? My guess is squeezing himself into the middle of these robust fellows:

lefty

Arent you a piece of work?
Here you are disparaging on IFBB pros' work and efforts and sexuality with not even an iota of evidence. If you have the guts, do it face to face. It wont be difficult to find a guest posing event near where you live for you to pose these questions to any IFBB pros.

I challenge you to do it. But I can guarantee you wont. Doing it on the net and doing it in person are totally different things.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Beasty doesn't seem to understand one of the core principles of training; specificity. If you train for hypertrophy, you get big. If you train for strength/power, you get strength or power. DUH I know it's obvious but I thought it needs to be said.

Second, pigeonholing power lifters as hulking masses of indistinguishable muscle and fat and bodybuilders as glorified balloon animals are both incorrect. There are bodybuilders who many people who like to look like, and there are bodybuilders nobody in a healthy state of mind would like to look like. Many lean/lightweight power lifters have physiques which more people would find attractive than bodybuilders, not to mention more functional as well. Again, if you're training solely for looking attractive, then work out like a model and leave actually being healthy to professionals. I wonder which subgroup beasty looks like. Something tells me, none of the above.

You assume I do not know about specificity. Never did I say if you train like Jay, you can be a top class swimmer or basketball player etc.

Yup. I am sure many would find power lifters who look like overgrown midgets with big fat thighs attractive. Chuckles! I see you are the sort who persists on personal attacks and refuses to deal with my many valid and cogent points. So sad.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
frown.gif

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So... shall we start now?
jaycongratsbk8.jpg

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
So... shall we start now?
jaycongratsbk8.jpg

Sure Einstein. What do you find about Jay's physique so objectionable?
Let's hear concrete points and not 'gay, drug taking, grotesque, ugly, bad for health etc etc.'

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is what an athletic male physique should look like:

1701a-sandow.jpg

This confirms what everyone is saying, but you seem unwilling to accept:

jaycongratsbk8.jpg

You're a size queen.

lefty

beasty

Reaction score
This is what an athletic male physique should look like:

1701a-sandow.jpg

This confirms what everyone is saying, but you seem unwilling to accept:

jaycongratsbk8.jpg

You're a size queen.

lefty

Hahaha!

You are making it way too easy!

In the first place, the guy on the left has no chest, no back, no delts, no traps and no legs.
Bet you chose the picture so you can fantasize what is hidden by the fig leaf, no?

As for Arnold's pic, no size on quads, no calves! No back and no traps as well.
Only good thing is chest and width of his side delts.
Hmm, I see you are keen on chest. So typical of the biceps brigade.

If anyone uses this body to compete in Mr Olympia today, they wouldn't qualify!
Even the spectators who aspire to be Mr Olympia look better than that!
Even Arnie in Conan movies looked better than that!

I can see you are so backward and antiquated, I bet Henry Ford's Model T is your dream car instead of the Maserati and Ferrari, right?

Wake up, son! Move with the times. Confederated Slavery is not the best ticket on Wall Streets you know, and here's a tip, neither is Lehmann Bros.

Go ahead and do your chest workout using mismatched paint cans and broom stick in your mom's basement while Firehouse is playing on your Nakamichi casette tape and you can cry why Jamie refused to go to the prom with a mega dingus like you.

I remain here to await news of your latest injury pursuing your dream body.

Chortle!

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You do know who the guy on the left is, right?

This may help...

sandowbronze.jpg

It's interesting that when talking about prom dates you choose a gender neutral name. Your Freudian slip is showing. Again.

lefty

P.S. It's okay to like snails and oysters.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
It's interesting that when talking about prom dates you choose a gender neutral name. Your Freudian slip is showing. Again.

Chortle!

Bemused Chuckle!

Wry Grin!

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Chortle!

Bemused Chuckle!

Wry Grin!

I can only imagine he gently rubs his thighs together when posting.

lefty

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
P.S. Are you actually asking what the basis of a program called Maximum Strength is?

even though it was really clever to point out that the title of the book is Maximum Strength, i was more interested in something that had to do with the routines that he recommends and things along those lines.

beasty

Reaction score

lefty

My god! Are you dense or what!
Its about YOUR prom date. You are smart to pick up the gender neutral name but not the rest.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Chortle!

Bemused Chuckle!

Wry Grin!

I agree on your assessment of lefty.
Snigger snigger.

beasty

Reaction score
You do know who the guy on the left is, right?

This may help...

sandowbronze.jpg

lefty

Its so typical of a clueless clod like you to launch personal attacks when you are on the backfoot.
My point is simple: Jay's body represent the best that bodybuilding can produce now. Period!
I see nothing wrong with it. It is totally proportionate, especially compared to the 2 examples you cited. You cant even cite how I am wrong and you are right. You know why? Because I am right and you are not!

Going back to George Sandow is ridiculous. You might as well hark back to the days when dysentry is rampant, women are barefoot and pregnant and everyone sleeps at 8 pm every night.

With better and advanced training techniques and nutrition, it is of course natural that the bodies will be better from Sandow to Zane to Arnold to Lee to Dorian to Ronnie to Jay. This is a simple concept that a numbnuts like you cant comprehend. Just like Jesse Owen's records will get ecllipsed by Lewis and now Bolt. BTW these are not fueled by drugs OK!

So what does a caveman ridiculed by me do, well, the only thing he can do! Which is launch personal attacks. Of course you cant even do it right because my post was directed and states what a loser you are! You are this forum's keystone cops!

Crawl away while a shred of your dignity is still attached. Crawl!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads