• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Kris

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbaquiran
I don't think they're patch pockets, just flapped.

Patch pockets with flaps, in fact. We're all right, alright?

smile.gif

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
johnnylaw, i wish my suit fit that well. Perfect fit.

I've never felt like such a *****. I'm going to take mine to the tailor later this week to see what the problem is.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
^^ yea it's odd....from the measurements you gave me we're 98% the exact same size except you're a bit taller so it shoulda been a no-brainer on fit. Email me what you find out...

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by braidkid
johnnylaw, i wish my suit fit that well. Perfect fit.

I've never felt like such a *****. I'm going to take mine to the tailor later this week to see what the problem is.

Thanks, but it is my second try. It's hard to get the measurements exactly right the first time, and I doubt that you can boil down the shape of the human body to a dozen measurements.

Your tailor probably knows best, but it seems to me that you need more room in the shoulders and chest. Maybe a longer jacket would balance you out better as well.

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish my jacket fit as well as Johnny's. Any tips? Anyway, with a different shirt, the cuffs look normal this time...

metkirk

Reaction score
Finally I've saved up enough for a TaT suit
bounce2.gif

Jason, I'm in need of a suit for my upcoming interviews. Some questions for you:

I'm 5ft7 and 128lbs, do you think 3 button works better on me or 2?

Is the harris tweed slightly less formal but warmer than the grey flannel? I think wearing heavier looking cloth would give my look a little more structure and weight correct?

Is it possible for me to send you my custom made shirt and pants so you could get me a more precise cut?

Thanks and I'll be emailing you the measurements in the next few days
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

chronic

Reaction score
2B house cut in midnight navy. Excuse the crappy iPhone pic. Only adjustment was to let the pants out 1". All I need now is a slim-fitting shirt with a smaller collar...looking forward to the TaT shirts. Thanks again, Jason!

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronic
2B house cut in midnight navy. Excuse the crappy iPhone pic. Only adjustment was to let the pants out 1". All I need now is a slim-fitting shirt with a smaller collar...looking forward to the TaT shirts. Thanks again, Jason!

Re: shirt collars.
I am having some shirts made up next month. Would a smaller than usual collar or a spread collar look better?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by metkirk
I'm 5ft7 and 128lbs, do you think 3 button works better on me or 2?

Is the harris tweed slightly less formal but warmer than the grey flannel? I think wearing heavier looking cloth would give my look a little more structure and weight correct?

Is it possible for me to send you my custom made shirt and pants so you could get me a more precise cut?

Thanks and I'll be emailing you the measurements in the next few days
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

probably the 2. The way I prefer to make a 3 button is a higher button stance so less shirt shows, but that's not how everyone likes a 3 button these days

the harris tweed isnt that thick (in comparison the the typical harris) and is pretty soft and drapey. It's slightly thicker than the grey flannel but not much more. Yea a heavier fabric would def give you more "weight and structure"

sure, that can only help

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbaquiran
Re: shirt collars.
I am having some shirts made up next month. Would a smaller than usual collar or a spread collar look better?

the jacket sleeve looks totally normal now in the new pics

I would make the collar smaller than normal, but not any less than 2" across with a normal spread (not a huge spread/cutaway)...and make sure the collarband height is proportional to the collar size. so if you make 2" collars, keep the back collarband around 1.5"

highball

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronic

Chronic, looks great. I'm hoping mine turns out as well. Was that your first TaT order or have you done a few to refine the measurements?

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quevola
Hey Jason - has anyone ordered a DB suit yet? Or do I have to be a pioneer?

I was the SFer who bought one.

I'll have to get some pictures up soon. I just moved, so I am still living out of boxes at the moment.

What's nice about the 4x2 is that you can wear all buttons done, as Jason does on the TaT site, just the top button, OR just the bottom button, like the Duke of Kent did.
double-breasted-suit-pic10.jpg

Very versatile.

I bought the DB in the dark grey Glen Plaid. It's gorgeous.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads