• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BEST jeans for waist size 44"

SigLover

Reaction score
For the past few years I've been wearing Citizens of Humanity Jagger cut size 38", then size 40". Now after letting myself go my new waist size is a freaking 44". I carry it decently well because Im 6'3".

COH does not carry jeans over 40"! So what designer jeans should I look at for a 44" waist.

Please no Sean Jean.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Levi's, Lee, and Wrangler have jeans with 44"+ waists.

SigLover

Reaction score
laugh.gif
Yeah Im just started working on it.

Does Levi's for Wranglers have designer looking jeans?

CoconutBanana

Reaction score
501 shrink to fits come in a 44 they're about as designer looking as you can get in that size.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SigLover
laugh.gif
Yeah Im just started working on it. Does Levi's for Wranglers have designer looking jeans?

Not really.... and you probably won't find many brands at all that have half decent cuts in 44" waist. There is little to no buyers of "designer jeans" in such large waist, as most people that size don't care how they dress, and thus are not willing to pay a premium for jeans. You could also try custom made jeans. You can get quality custom jeans, but they will generally be pretty expensive ($500+). There are some online places that do it, and while I don't really like their cuts (but you probably don't want skinny jeans anyway...), they can be had for under $200.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I don't know if these are the best options, but...

If you are not wanting to drop $$$, but still want an alright looking pair of jeans while working on your weight loss goal go with a pair of Raw Rustlers for like 10.99 from any walmart. These are a loose cut and judging by 90% of the farmers/old guys I see can produce some wicked fades.

For a slimmer cut you could go for a pair of Raw Wrangler 937's or 13MWZ's, both are un-washed and under 20$, i'm not a real huge fan of broken twill denim... but they are a quality jean in terms of construction.

501,517,559,565, and a handful of the other Red Tab levis can be had for less than 40$ and generally come in waists from 28-60 IIRC.

Levi still does custom jeans also.

I think a handful of the LVC jeans come in waists up to 44.

I think most of the workwear brands (dickies, key, osh-kosh, carhartt...) make jeans in larger waist sizes.

not really knowing your personal aesthetic its hard to really advise you much further.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
most people that size don't care how they dress, .

Really? Funny, you won't have trouble finding high-end suits, trousers, etc. for people guys that size.

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is little to no buyers of "designer jeans" in such large waist, as most people that size don't care how they dress

...DUDE. LOL.

Mark C.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SigLover
For the past few years I've been wearing Citizens of Humanity Jagger cut size 38", then size 40". Now after letting myself go my new waist size is a freaking 44". I carry it decently well because Im 6'3".

COH does not carry jeans over 40"! So what designer jeans should I look at for a 44" waist.

Please no Sean Jean.

The general rule of thumb is that you can never go wrong with Levi's. They accomodate a wide range of waist sizes.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Really? Funny, you won't have trouble finding high-end suits, trousers, etc. for people guys that size.

Well I would think there is a difference between suits and jeans. Fat people have to wear nice suits for work, whether they like them or not. No one has to wear nice jeans for anything.

Originally Posted by rjakapeanut
...DUDE. LOL.

If I'm so obviously wrong then please link some designer jeans that go up to 44" waist.... I mean that is the point of the thread.... you would be helping the OP out.

Maybe I'm completely wrong about this, I wouldn't rule it out. All I'm really saying is, in all the web searches I do for jeans (a ton), I almost never ever see waist sizes past 38 in any jeans I consider to be quality. Even when I do see waist in 38+, they usually only go up to 42". Maybe they do exist, but I never see them.

Yes, some of the MC brands like Zegna make jeans in a 44" waist, but those are all very far away from the general aesthetic of SF SW&D. Personally, I think their cuts are not worthy of recommending, considering the price.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Well I would think there is a difference between suits and jeans. Fat people have to wear nice suits for work, whether they like them or not. No one has to wear nice jeans for anything.

If I'm so obviously wrong then please link some designer jeans that go up to 44" waist.... I mean that is the point of the thread.... you would be helping the OP out.

Maybe I'm completely wrong about this, I wouldn't rule it out. All I'm really saying is, in all the web searches I do for jeans (a ton), I almost never ever see waist sizes past 38 in any jeans I consider to be quality. Even when I do see waist in 38+, they usually only go up to 42". Maybe they do exist, but I never see them.

Yes, some of the MC brands like Zegna make jeans in a 44" waist, but those are all very far away from the general aesthetic of SF SW&D. Personally, I think their cuts are not worthy of recommending, considering the price.

Not to make this out to be a bigger deal than it is, but you're missing the point and throwing up anecdotal evidence that doesn't support the statement you originally made.

What you said is that people that large don't care about how they dress -- not that they don't wear nice jeans. Nobody has suggested that high-end jeans are as available in bigger sizes as they are in skinnier sizes. Accordingly, what you're seeing or not seeing in your searches is irrelevant, as is your non-sequitur challenging rjak to link to some size 44s. I would agree that the aesthetics of stylish jeans are such that heavier folks often have trouble making them work, and that as a result your'e going to have a tougher time finding those jeans in a 44 than in a 31. That said, plenty of bigger folks do care about how they dress and buy very nice clothes -- they just tend to be made out of materials other than denim.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess the thought would be that if they cared that much about how they look, they probably wouldn't be fat.

Seanallen

Reaction score
At one point I was at a 42, and I remember the only decent jeans I had at that size were Lucky Brands, but thats about it, I started losing weight because I was trying to look better clothing wise Yes you heard correct, clothing wise.

SJC83

Reaction score
John Varvatos actually makes up to 50 inch waist,

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads