• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blackthorn stick

Nonk

Reaction score
I seem to be having no luck with the internet these days, so can anyone recommend a seller, preferably in the British Isles of quality Irish blackthorn sticks?

My father uses one (was part of his uniform) and I would quite like one myself to assist in longer walks (Twice suffered a complete Achilles rupture, so have been taking it easy for a year or two)

I am after the proper, knobbly cudgel headed type.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Look no further than the Emerald Isle!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
My uncle brought a bunch of blackthorns with him from Ireland, a couple of which I now have at home. They're great.

B1FF

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Look no further than the Emerald Isle!

I was going to suggest Europe but you beat me with this more specific answer.

Nonk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by B1FF
I was going to suggest Europe but you beat me with this more specific answer.

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Go on Conne, just for fun, lets assume I was aware that the Emerald Isle was perhaps the best place. Narrow it down a bit for me mate?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nonk
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
Go on Conne, just for fun, lets assume I was aware that the Emerald Isle was perhaps the best place. Narrow it down a bit for me mate?

laugh.gif
I always have the best suggestions.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads