• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good tailors in Toronto?

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't know much about good tailors but I can tell you to stay away, from my experience anyway, from M. Clara alterations in the same building as Over The Rainbow.

korce

Reaction score
Well - I thought I'd resurrect this thread. It seemed largely focused on denim/shirt alterations before.

Does anyone have recommendations for a quality tailor for suit alteration in Toronto? I need to have the seat and thighs let out a bit on my TaT suit pants. Also looking for someone to slim down a few shirts.

I was thinking of checking out Sydney's (the guys at Nomad usually recommend him), but wondered if any other folks have experience with him, or another tailor.

Thanks!

doink

Reaction score
I have a pair of sydney's custom /bespoke jeans and am very satisfied with the quality of the workmanship. If his alterations are as good, then you will be satisfied.

I have also considered one of his suits, but I am not sure if I like the style enough to shell out the $$, but once again the workmanship appears very good.

korce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by doink
I have a pair of sydney's custom /bespoke jeans and am very satisfied with the quality of the workmanship. If his alterations are as good, then you will be satisfied.

I have also considered one of his suits, but I am not sure if I like the style enough to shell out the $$, but once again the workmanship appears very good.

Do you know if he still does alterations given the more current focus on bespoke jeans and suits, and the new retail store? I'm assuming this is his store: http://www.sydneystoronto.com/

doink

Reaction score
Originally Posted by korce
Do you know if he still does alterations given the more current focus on bespoke jeans and suits, and the new retail store? I'm assuming this is his store: http://www.sydneystoronto.com/

That is him.

I am planning on taking jeans to him shortly to have them hemmed, which I know he does for others. Not sure if he does other alterations. Sydney is a really nice guy, give him a call or drop in to find out.

fongstar

Reaction score
I just took my apc ns, nudie, and rb11 jeans to Studio Kim and got them back yesterday. Perfect job on the hem and very nice lady! If you're unsure about what you want she prefers you to try them on and she provides a solid recommendation based on your preference.

Each hem cost $14 CAD each for the jeans. But if you have a more complicated stitch it can cost up to $18 depending on the material.

I'd say to get your pants tapered it would cost within the $15-20 range.

Highly recommend Studio Kim - good experience. Her turn around time was 24 hours! I gave 'em to her Thurs and had them back Fri. I'm going back to get my shirts tapered (which costs about $18).

Hope that helps.

kubrick555

Reaction score
I go to Studio Kim.

However, I think if you're doing denim alterations, Sydney might be your man. He knows his ****.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mimesis
sydneys quoted me 25 for chain stitching

Anybody had any experience with their chain stitching? Price sounds fair.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads