• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rate my fantasy football team

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by michaeljkrell
I just traded Aaron Rodgers... for ...Hasselbeck. I don't see what I'm giving up? I think Hasselbeck will be better the rest of the season than Rodgers (especially if Engram & Branch stay healthy).
Let me be the first to tell you, as a diehard Seahawks fan, that I would kill to have Green Bay's WR's and O-line. As far as QB's go - I think its probably a push - but the peripherals and skill positions all favor Rogers. Engram is great. I love the guy. Gutsy, productive, consistent. Great player. But Branch will have a "good" game, then disappear for four or five weeks. Then have one more. Just enough to keep his stats up. He's a decoy to free up the middle for Engram and Carlson. Seattle 08 is a running team. Jones/Duckett/Morris/Weaver is going to be our bread and butter this year.

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Easy one.
Lewis.
Don't expect much from anyone going against the Jags D-line.
this is a joke right?
that was my hunch at first too H2F, but the jags are giving up 100yrds+ and 1.25 td's a week rushing (so far). slaton had 100+ and a td against Tennessee, could have easily had another td as well. they went to him heavily on goal line and big 3-4th down plays.

MJkrell geez what did u expect me to say there, u were actually about to start jericho over LT, cmon now

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good point. But three games a season does not make. (I think I heard that one on ESPN)
smile.gif
Also, Lewis is going against Cinc. Slaton may be a star in the making but I'd (easily) prefer to take my chances with Lewis.

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phreak

MJkrell geez what did u expect me to say there, u were actually about to start jericho over LT, cmon now

Just playing with ya. I thought I had some justification because LT was hurt, the Chargers were the second worst rated pass defense in the league & the Chargers were 9 point favorites, so the Jets were hopefully going to play from behind. I ended up starting Cotchery and he scored more than LT.

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input Tokyo...

Hopefully this is a serious question...

Who to put in my flex position? Royal, F. Taylor or Forte? Forte has been awesome, but is facing one of the toughest run defenses in the league. Royal is playing the chiefs & Taylor had a nice week last week and plays the Texans...

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
this will probably make steve happy... i'm committing to aaron rogers in one of my other leagues. i just traded my backup qb (peyton manning!) for Steve Smith and Chris Johnson. i needed a little help at wideout.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
He drafted tom brady and matt leinart actually.
smile.gif

When brady went down he picked up tarvaris jackson.

He knows he overpaid, but he is desperate. So desperate that i asked him what other trade offers he was getting, and it was stuff like L.T. and Larry Johnson for Matt Hasselbeck. Evidently i'm the only one who made a reasonable offer.

smile.gif

Man, did the guy you trade with have Derek Anderson or something? You easily got the better end of that...

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who to put in my flex position? Royal, F. Taylor or Forte? Forte has been awesome, but is facing one of the toughest run defenses in the league. Royal is playing the chiefs & Taylor had a nice week last week and plays the Texans...

man this is pretty close, i really dont think u can go wrong here with any of them. leaning towards forte though, just for the fact hes guraranteed 25+ looks and touches.

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoops. I messed up. I need Royal as my other receiver, so it is between Taylor and Forte. I was going to go with Forte, but Taylor is like 4th on ESPN this week and Forte is like 16th.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Just playing with ya. I thought I had some justification because LT was hurt, the Chargers were the second worst rated pass defense in the league & the Chargers were 9 point favorites, so the Jets were hopefully going to play from behind. I ended up starting Cotchery and he scored more than LT.

In what league- yards only and no TDs?

Whoops. I messed up. I need Royal as my other receiver, so it is between Taylor and Forte. I was going to go with Forte, but Taylor is like 4th on ESPN this week and Forte is like 16th.

The prognosicators on ESPN and Yahoo are idiots. the more I listen to them, the more I lose.

Cotchery's just OK right now. He should get better as the season progresses.

LT- 2 TDs and over 20 pts last week. Gotta start him, unless you rules are way different.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
this will probably make steve happy... i'm committing to aaron rogers in one of my other leagues. i just traded my backup qb (peyton manning!) for Steve Smith and Chris Johnson. i needed a little help at wideout.

The Colts look pretty good this year. But I don't know about Rodgers and I'm not THAT big of a Packer fan. I see 11-5, 10-6 this year, not 13-3. But of course that will be plenty to win their division.

I'm pretty good at QB in every league but ours. I had the chance to draft Brees and took Housh instead.

D'Oh!

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I just traded Aaron Rodgers, Lavernius Coles, Bryant Johnson & Michael Bush for Randy Moss, Hasselbeck & Fargas (the guy I traded with dropped Fargas, & I snapped him up). I took a little heat for this, but I don't see what I'm giving up? I think Hasselbeck will be better the rest of the season than Rodgers (especially if Engram & Branch stay healthy). Coles is alright, but I have Cotchery. And Johnson may have a good game, but he is all-over the place & Bush will probably go back down to third string once Fargas gets healthy.

Along with Cotchery & Moss, I have Royal, Colston & McFeriens (sp?) Brees is my other QB.

It is a 16 team PPR league...

Dude...

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(also crossposted in the SF FF thread)

here's a trade that was vetoed in one of my FF leagues after week 2:

chris johnson (RB-TN) and desean jackson (WR-PH) for larry johnson and chad johnson.

should it have been vetoed? i was kind of surprised it was.

the reason given in the league message board was that the team getting chris and desean was getting "too much" - in other words, the chris and desean side of the trade was the stronger side. i personally thought that getting larry johnson and chad johnson would be the better side of the trade in the long run.

thoughts?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics