• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask Me About Magic

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oDD_LotS
Nice to see another magician on the board!

I haven't been actively performing in a few years, but got back into it at my wedding last month.

As for a question, who do you think S. W. Erdnase reallywas?

I like the ES Andrews theory. I'm partial to anagrams. Were you in to sleight of hand stuff like that? Gambling and stuff?

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Yah. That album was actually just a little before my time but to be completely honest with you no album saw more play when i was 14 then "Californication."

On the magic front, I'm very excited because it looks like I just picked up another regular gig performing at a restaurant called Trapeze. It is a really nice, modern place, about 30 minutes from DC or Baltimore. MD area SFers should check it out!

It's actually very funny how I got the gig. I went to the restaurant for an entertainers networking dinner which ended up being a big bust (I think half the people there were in some sort of multi-level marketing thing).

I wandered off and ended up performing for the (decidedly cute) hostesses, who called the servers over, who called the bartender over, who called a manager over, who called the owner over till I got a job offer.

I'm feeling really good about the magic right now.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what's up with this new David Blaine stunt? I know it's a trick, but how do you think it's done?

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntiHero84
So what's up with this new David Blaine stunt? I know it's a trick, but how do you think it's done?
Missed the Blaine special (that whole restaurant story I talked about took precedence). I'm going to download it and probably watch it tonight. Thanks to Kwilk for keeping me posted last night though. If I do have any idea how it's done I'm still not telling. Perk of being a magician.
tounge.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
^ Of course. inb4 "Do you believe in magic? In a young girl's heart"
Crap. So... yes?

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Crap. So... yes?
lulz.
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
saw parts of the david blaine special last night, he takes a real punch to the abdomen from some ultimate fighter. kimbo slice i think is his name some big guy. not sure how he does it but he takes two really hard blows to the stomach and david doesnt even fall down or grip in pain.
This feat dates back centuries and I'm sure is actually what it appears to be - no trickery other then deep mental and physical preparation. It's quite impressive. It is rumored that Houdini's death was caused by the performance of this stunt (while this is unclear, scholars believe taking punches to the kidney during an act may have exacerbated a preexisting condition, accelerating his untimely demise.)

chrome_dout

Reaction score
Nope. Like most magicians, Harry Potter goes right through high school a virgin while harboring a borderline unhealthy attraction for petite Asian girls.

Haha, I got a friend with this problem...he kind of looks like Harry Potter too!

Swank

Reaction score
also...do you declaw the bunny before you stuff it down your pants or just trim his nails?

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...... I wandered off and ended up performing for the (decidedly cute) hostesses.... I'm feeling really good about the magic right now.
Nao we're talkin'!! You hypnotised her and got her number? Congrats for the job btw.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by T4phage
Nao we're talkin'!! You hypnotised her and got her number? Congrats for the job btw.
Thanks a lot. I am very excited to be working in such a classy place. Incidentally I did hypnotize the hostess - but I don't think my girlfriend would have been thrilled if I got her number.
Originally Posted by Swank
also...do you declaw the bunny before you stuff it down your pants or just trim his nails?
Nada, I can't keep the little bastard there because he always picks fights with the doves.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot. I am very excited to be working in such a classy place. Incidentally I did hypnotize the hostess - but I don't think my girlfriend would have been thrilled if I got her number.
Best of luck with it, and if I am ever in the area, I'll definitely drop in! and incidently,
wink.gif
:
... Chaotic neutral characters like to indulge in everything. This is the insurgent, the con-man, gambler, and high roller; the uncommitted freebooter seeking nothing more than self-gratification. This type of character will at least consider doing anything if they can find enjoyment or amusement.... Values flexible relationships with romantic partners ....
/endprotestations! edit: btw, have you read "Carter beats the Devil" by Glen David Gold, or some of Clive Barker's works? And a great magician's turnaround song that I like: The Police's "Wrapped around your finger"

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Are the gracefully palmed joy buzzer and the deftly concealed whoopie cushion considered magic ?

savage

Reaction score
why don't magicians say "Abracadabra" anymore?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics