• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tetsuo

Reaction score
docs are classic. i have an old pair that are super comfy, made in England. are the ones being sold now still made in england?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
^^ they just started remaking them in England again, in addition to China, with a $40 price difference

Diegolin21

Reaction score
I don't like them at all!!
smile.gif

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oxblood:
OxbloodBig.jpg
Cherry Red:
CherryRedSteel11EyeBig.jpg
These are Solovair, not DMs. The color is close, and any difference could well be attributed to lighting differences. Or maybe it's just my notebook's LCD. The last cherry red MIC DMs I saw had a brighter red color than above.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
^^^It's sort of a false purism that makes kids feel you need to be "all" or "none". Granted this is probably more prevalent in skin/mod circles since those scenes are so fastidious about sticking to the 'right look' without coloring outside the lines, which is why diehard mods and other similar losers are so tiresome when they stick to the accepted look and can't ever see past it.

which reminds me, on sat's soul nite one of my friends arrived with a buddy from his scooter club, a fella probably in early 30s, wearing a parka with a huge Who backpatch, target patch on arm, etc...and I couldnt help stare at him thinking he was such a fuckin tool for looking like a Quadrophenia walking cliche of "mod", and at his age too. It's something you expect from a 16 year old who just got into it, but not a guy his age.

Point well taken. There is nothing worse than some "paint by the numbers" scene kid (or adult) in any subculture.

Nico Samuel Pleninsek

Reaction score
Anywhere were I can get MIE black in the states at the moment? I want a pair bad before next weekend's road trip!!!!!!!!!!

Eagle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nico Samuel Pleninsek
Anywhere were I can get MIE black in the states at the moment? I want a pair bad before next weekend's road trip!!!!!!!!!!

You might try Zappos.com. If they have them in stock, you will have them within two days.

Nico Samuel Pleninsek

Reaction score
Ordered, but $9 sales tax........damn! I should have sent them to relatives in Ohio (as I'm going there in two weeks), but I already clicked by the time my mind came up with this scheme. sigh.

Surfrider

Reaction score
Absolutely "yay."

My 1940s (black, 14 eye, steel toe, fine haircell) have been with me since the heyday of flannel and grunge. They've been stomped on in mosh pits, tropmed through muddy-ass paintball fields, repeatedly soaked with salt water and then dried 'till crispy, showered with sparks and sprinkled with droplets of molten metal, been bathed in oil and gas and grease and hydraulic fluid, hiked countless miles up mountain peaks, been stepped on by more horses than I can count ( their steel toes saving me bruises, or broken bones), survived car crashes and, recently, my first-ever motorcycle wreck (they are the only footgear I would ever ride in). You name the abuse, they've taken it. Now, I'm not gonna lie; they do look like like absolute ****. They're covered in gouges, scrapes, and even cracks from the times I neglected to care for (and oil) them properly.
shog[1].gif
But after all that, they're still the most comfortable shoes I own, and I have no doubt that they'll give me another decade or two of service before giving up the ghost- more, if I get them re-soled. Best damn seventy-five bucks I ever spent.

Docs are the ****. If you don't own a pair, you're doing yourself (and your feet) a disservice.

kookydooky

Reaction score
What color would these be. I hope its not that bright red girl ones i see with black polish on it I just purchased these for real cheap on ebay just to have a feel of docs before getting a brand new pair for myself (in navy im thinking) And by bright red i mean these clown shoes

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
^^ hard to tell in that photo. Looks like they hi-contrasted it in photoshop so I'm betting it's the regular cherry red, just oversaturated by software. They def dont look patent leather like the ones you're afraid of

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i wear my oxblood 10 hole boots and steel toe 14 hole all the time. have had them for 12+ years. just bought the monochrome black shoes. at @$120, can't go wrong.

izlat

Reaction score
not to hijack, but are there any Doc boots that don't have the yellow stitching? (yeah, I know it's a big part of the look / appeal)

- I want to get some and wear them to work at times without everybody and his grandma knowing what I'm rocking

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads