• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Dolorosa

Reaction score
Hey guys. Noob here. I just bought a pair of Corpus Fine Straight raw denim and I have a couple questions I couldn't find answers to, despite my searching ...

1. Does anybody know how much Corpus jeans stretch? They fit me pretty much perfect right now but I'm afraid they might stretch too much ...

2. Should I soak them before wearing them too much? Also, is it OK to wash them (without drying) instead of soaking?

Any help is much appreciated ...

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
1. Wear a belt. It'll help reduce stretching in the waist.
2. No need to soak. You can throw them in a washing machine if you want but if your plan is to get good contrast on your fades I wouldn't recommend doing that with those jeans, at least no for a long while. Just soak them with some woolite dark or dr.bronners.

Dolorosa

Reaction score
Thanks Who ... Should I soak them immediately or wear them for a while before soaking?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dolorosa
Thanks Who ... Should I soak them immediately or wear them for a while before soaking?
You only soak jeans for one of two reasons: 1) you're trying to shrink them or 2) you're trying to clean them. Since they're already pre-shrunk and not dirty...

Dolorosa

Reaction score
That's what I figured but since they're brand new and raw I wasn't sure if they're pre-shrunk or not ... Thanks for the help and sorry about the noob questioning ...

XeF4

Reaction score
Is running in raw denim a good or bad idea?

Do 5EP LDBs come in 28 x 34?

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XeF4
Is running in raw denim a good or bad idea?

is that a serious question?

colin06

Reaction score
Quick question. I'm about to pick up a pair of raw 5EP SDZ's. Should I size down one or two?

XeF4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylish Pilot
is that a serious question?
yeah, I want to wear them hard, what better oppertunity than when i am running?

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XeF4
yeah, I want to wear them hard, what better oppertunity than when i am running?

So they will get sweaty and disgusting and you'll have to wash them more often?

XeF4

Reaction score
Isnt this the forum where people brag about not washing their jeans for a year?

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No. And how could you expect to do that when they will be covered in sweat and smell like ass after a week?

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just do whatever you feel comfortable doing. Running in jeans is not my idea of comfort, but if you genuinely believe that, go for it. They are just jeans after all. People, myself included, bike in jeans all the time.

And nothing fundamentally bad about washing jeans often. Unless you want mad fadez out of APC, Nudie or something...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads