• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bands You Want to Like More than You Actually Do

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are probably certain bands/artists that you recognize as producing quality music, and yet for whatever reason, you can't seem to get into them as much as you feel like you should. For whatever reason, you really WANT to like their music more, but it just doesn't strike a chord with you.

What are some bands that fall into this category for you? Here is a short list off the top of my head:

Radiohead
The Replacements
Sigur Ros
Bad Brains
Belle & Sebastian
The Beatles

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the caveat that I may very well get into these in the future as I continue going back to their albums:

My Bloody Valentine
Pavement
LCD Soundsystem/Justice/electronic bands like that
Portishead

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
radiohead
sigur ros
wilco
my morning jacket
arcade fire
iron and wine
vampire weekend

all bands most of my friends really love and make me feel stupid for not liking.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder how many times Sigur Ros is going to pop up in this thread. Also, for those who have listed/will list Radiohead, is it their entire body of work or just there more electronic-influenced stuff from Kid A on? I wouldn't think The Bends is that hard to get.
confused.gif

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
I wonder how many times Sigur Ros is going to pop up in this thread. Also, for those who have listed/will list Radiohead, is it their entire body of work or just there more electronic-influenced stuff from Kid A on? I wouldn't think The Bends is that hard to get.
confused.gif

Seconded. Even OK Computer is pretty easy to get.

My list would be:

- Post-KidA Radiohead
- Animal Collective (they REALLY grate on me, but a lot of my friends with good taste love them)

clarity

Reaction score
I guess I am weird but Kid A is the only Radiohead album that I own and actually find interesting.
fight[1].gif
The others (mostly older ones) I borrowed and just felt bored by them. Amnesiac and onwards doesn't really click with me either, despite that one actually being from the same recording session.

Mauby

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarity
I guess I am weird but Kid A is the only Radiohead album that I own and actually find interesting.
fight[1].gif
The others (mostly older ones) I borrowed and just felt bored by them. Amnesiac and onwards doesn't really click with me either, despite that one actually being from the same recording session.

+1

I'm treading lightly here as not to disturb Radiohead fanboys.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I have never been able to see the alleged genius involved in either The Beatles or The Rolling Stones.

life_interrupts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coldplay
The Beatles (I'm so glad someone said it)
Yellow Card
The Killers

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Post-OK Computer Radiohead
Sigur Ros (who's that BTW?)
Belle and Sebastian (another ?)
Steve Miller Band
Jimmy Buffett and the 12 songs he plays at every concert.
Spice Girls
Queen
Post-Eliminator ZZ Top

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Post-OK Computer Radiohead
Sigur Ros (who's that BTW?)
Belle and Sebastian (another ?)
Steve Miller Band
Jimmy Buffett and the 12 songs he plays at every concert.
Spice Girls
Queen
Post-Eliminator ZZ Top

You want to like Jimmy Buffett and the Spice Girls more?
confused.gif

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
radiohead sigur ros wilco my morning jacket arcade fire iron and wine vampire weekend all bands most of my friends really love and make me feel stupid for not liking.
Your friends are all hipster douchebags.

WE350B

Reaction score
+ on Sigur Ros, Rolling Stones, Belle and Sebastian

Over the Rhine, Beth Gibbons (Portishead), Flaming Lips, Prince, Devendra Barnhart

-the flipside is in these similar styles, I do like the Beatles (well, you gotta grow up with it, I guess), Nick Drake, Innocence Mission, Massive Attack, M. Ward, Zero7.

TheIdler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on LCD Soundsystem Flaming Lips Wilco Interpol Grateful Dead Edit: Right, I forgot about Prince. I respect the hell out of him...I just don't listen to him.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads