• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Now this color will make you wanna "spew out"

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
That is not an original exterior color I believe, but yeah we had an early 80s Benz in green with that same color motif inside. Hideous.

R-H

Reaction score
My family used to have a refrigerator that colour in the early '80s.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That exterior color is rather bizarre--and not period appropriate, as it appears to be an '80s car--but I like the interior. Note the ugly Centra aftermarket wheels. Here are some paint options for the Ponton series: http://www.mbzponton.org/ponton3/colorcht/colorcht.htm I'd like a then top-of-the-line '70s 450SLC in a kind of avocado green with blue velour interior. Velour interiors were pricey back then; standard was MB-Tex, a kind of superior vinyl.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think that in ten to fifteen years posters on forums will be doing the same thing with those cars these days colored in that god-awful orange/rust/brown metallic color (I'm especially thinking of Nissan, which seems to love using this color).

Anyway, I agree the "Pea Soup" green is not a color I'd be apt to pick... but it could always be worse. It could be PUCE!

ms244

Reaction score
A similar but much more pleasant color was commonly used on German (and other European) machine tools.

Here is a Deckel CNC milling machine from the 1980s . Not sure if I'd paint a car this color though
eh.gif

2333708268_6294a4c003_d.jpg

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by R-H
My family used to have a refrigerator that colour in the early '80s.
So did my family, a whole set of appliances actually. Shag carpet, too.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would probably drive it just for the sheer ugliness factor.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually like the interior quite a bit. It would go well with dark green paint.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice car, but that color is hideous.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
I would probably drive it just for the sheer ugliness factor.

thats what she said about you!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads