• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

JAR

Reaction score
Any reports on the Loro Piana sample sale in NYC?

mussel

Reaction score
It starts tomorrow, I'd wait until the last few days for further discounts.

LORO PIANA
WOMEN'S & MEN'S
EXQUISITE CASHMERE KNITWEAR,
OUTERWEAR, ACCESSORIES AND CLOTHING

Bolts of cashmere and wool fabrics for suits, jackets and outerwear.

SUNDAY, SEPT. 21st through SATURDAY, SEPT 27th
Sunday through Friday: 9:00am to 6:30pm
Saturday: 9:00am to 5:00pm

To be held at:
SOIFFER HASKIN
317 West 33rd Street, NYC

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to the Cassina sale today. Most furnitures are 40% off, some 70% off. Some floor samples but many are first quality new in box, including the le Corbusier "cube" black leather sofa and chair. I picked up a NIB Phillipe Starck Archimoon table lamp for $99 reduced from $460.

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
I went to the Cassina sale today. Most furnitures are 40% off, some 70% off. Some floor samples but many are first quality new in box, including the le Corbusier "cube" black leather sofa and chair. I picked up a NIB Phillipe Starck Archimoon table lamp for $99 reduced from $460.

Sounds nice! Any B&B reports?

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by von Rothbart

Did they have any lamps left?

Originally Posted by StockwellDay
Sounds nice! Any B&B reports?

Went to B&B today; a few entertainment centers are left for around $5k. Also there are a bunch of rugs from $1k - $2k. The prices at the Cassina sale are usually better, but I didn't feel like going to Huntington. Maybe tomorrow.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kuro
Did they have any lamps left?

There're several other models of table & floor lamps in additon to the Archimoon, some chandeliers, too. But I don't know how many they have in stock for each model.

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Peter Elliot's temporary outlet shop (81st and Madison?) is closing up today, so they're looking to get rid of everything in there. As of yesterday - Few Borrelli ocbd's for $40, Kiton sportcoats for $850, HF sportcoats for $150, odd shirts for $30, odd pants for $40, canterelli linen/wool suits (definitely for summer) for $300. I imagine prices went down further today.

chl

Reaction score
The prices were higher than last call at NM / Bergdorf or the outlet prices at Woodbury, very disappointing. I saw two sports coats that I purchased for the outlet and BG that were several hundred dollars higher, even purchased SC on sale in London for 500GBP at LP store, that same coat was $500.00 higher at sample sale

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What: Hermès
Why: Signature bags, scarves, shoes, ties, home products, and ready-to-wear for men and women.
When: Sept. 24-28. Wed., Fri. & Sat., 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; Thurs., 10 a.m.-8 p.m.; Sun., 1-6 p.m.
Where: Metropolitan Pavilion, 125 W. 18th St., b/t Sixth & Seventh Aves., 4th flr.

HermesGuy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by norcaltransplant
What: Hermès
Why: Signature bags, scarves, shoes, ties, home products, and ready-to-wear for men and women.
When: Sept. 24-28. Wed., Fri. & Sat., 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; Thurs., 10 a.m.-8 p.m.; Sun., 1-6 p.m.
Where: Metropolitan Pavilion, 125 W. 18th St., b/t Sixth & Seventh Aves., 4th flr.

Great! The finally mark it all down to Retail. HA!

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HermesGuy
Great! The finally mark it all down to Retail. HA!

Definitely. I went yesterday to the private sale; the retail price is so high now that the "sale" price is what the retail price was 3 -5 years ago. It was quite the scene as the computers were down so there was a 1 - 2 hour wait to pay as each cashier had to call to get approval. Needless to say I just left with my wallet intact.

HermesGuy

Reaction score
Definitely. I went yesterday to the private sale; the retail price is so high now that the "sale" price is what the retail price was 3 -5 years ago. It was quite the scene as the computers were down so there was a 1 - 2 hour wait to pay as each cashier had to call to get approval. Needless to say I just left with my wallet intact.

Hermes has never been the most adept at processing transactions. I'm not sure why this is the case given the dollar amounts they deal with, one would think their systems would be tight.
I could tell a story about something that happened at the Hermes sale (in Paris) had it have happened in the states if would have made the news. They really are a little "off" sometimes....

RSN125

Reaction score

Kuro

Can you give some examples of what prices are like?

Thanks.

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSN125
Kuro

Can you give some examples of what prices are like?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Hard2Fit
+1.
(especially ties & scarves)

RTW is 40% or 60% off depending on season. I didn't really pay attention to ties or scarves, but IIRC $130 and $275 respectively. Shoes were $450 (mostly blake), but they had a 1 or 2 pair of the models made by John Lobb that would be worth getting (not my size). Now this is where it gets ridiculous: belts were around $500 and they looked slightly damaged; a plain navy 2 button super 120s suit in less than 250 grams was around $2200 (original price was something like $5700); they had a pair of cords for around $500 marked down from $800; and leather jackets about $3500~. There is a J.Mendel sale oing on 1 flight above if you want to get your wife/girlfriend a fur.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads