• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post your five favorite bands and I will mock and generalize you.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheessus
Fun.

1) Radiohead
2) Black Keys
3) Gang of Four
4) Phoenix
5) Devotchka

These are my favorites at the moment.

There's more black in your wardrobe then on your iPod. You are probably Korean. Once you waited in line to see Built To Spill for 6 hours and then Doug Martsch was just kind of drunk so you killed a bottle of harp and dipped to play xbox.

You haven't gone to a show since.

Originally Posted by cheessus

. 4-5 fluctuates.

I'll bet they fluctuate. Every time the new Pazz & Jop list comes out. Tool.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Mine was better.

Putting Mould and Hart in your top five is like wearing a Red Sox cap with a Yankees jersey. Bob Mould is the Red Sox because it's always been fun to root for him but now that he's happy he's a lot less interesting. Which makes Grant Hart the Yankees, which makes less sense, but still more sense than putting Amy Winehouse in your list. You really just like Mark Ronson and the idea of blow.

Originally Posted by Magician
Calling you "out of touch" would be like calling post Katrina New Orleans "damp" Even the contemporary artist you picked is mere inches from death's icy grasp.

I bet your grandsons love it when you tell them how gramp's favorite musicians smoke pot too!

Magician's was better.

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's more black in your wardrobe then on your iPod. You are probably Korean. Once you waited in line to see Built To Spill for 6 hours and then Doug Martsch was just kind of drunk so you killed a bottle of harp and dipped to play xbox.

You haven't gone to a show since.

I'll bet they fluctuate. Every time the new Pazz & Jop list comes out. Tool.

HAHAHA. Yeah I do listen to a lot of rap and my ipod is black. I am Vietnamese. I have seen a Built To Spill show. I don't drink Harp though, and I prefer playstation.

What is Pazz & Jop? I'll definitely keep a lookout for that.

Made my day. Thank you.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mere details. And whatever list you are cribbing your music from is cribbing from Pazz and jop. Shoreman: in the interest of fairness I will give you a list of some of my favorites. But since I got here first I'm only using Black Metal. And you can't wikipedia. Wolves In The Throne Room Zoroaster Nachtmystium Gojira Sunn0))) inb4 noone actually listens to drone.

Lady Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Chemical Romance
The Killers
The Beatles
Led Zeppelin
Bad Religion

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mere details. And whatever list you are cribbing your music from is cribbing from Pazz and jop.

Shoreman: in the interest of fairness I will give you a list of some of my favorites. But since I got here first I'm only using Black Metal. And you can't wikipedia.

Wolves In The Throne Room
Zoroaster
Nachtmystium
Gojira
Sunn0)))

inb4 noone actually listens to drone.

You consider it a bonus that no one on the green line realizes how dark you are when you listen to Boris on your Grados, but they can hear it too and just think you're trying too hard. You're one step above the kid wearing a school uniform, eyes squeezed shut, rocking out quietly to Linkin Park.

Eh, that was worse than Norm MacDonald's Saget roast.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Mere details. And whatever list you are cribbing your music from is cribbing from Pazz and jop.

Shoreman: in the interest of fairness I will give you a list of some of my favorites. But since I got here first I'm only using Black Metal. And you can't wikipedia.

Wolves In The Throne Room
Zoroaster
Nachtmystium
Gojira
Sunn0)))

inb4 noone actually listens to drone.

You've listened to "Chutes Too Narrow" alone more than all of those bands' albums put together. But it's cool. If it makes you feel better, I consider you a champ for having taste in music that extends from the typical Wapanese nerd.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
My girlfriend would like to be generalized:

Miles Davis
Afro-Celt Sound System
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Dire Straits
Pink Floyd

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
My girlfriend would like to be generalized: Miles Davis Afro-Celt Sound System Creedence Clearwater Revival Dire Straits Pink Floyd
Thats not the only thing I'll be doing to her.... (Mocking to come later when I am less drunk.)

Augusto86

Reaction score
Thats not the only thing I'll be doing to her....

(Mocking to come later when I am less drunk.)

Getting her to put out for you, or indeed anyone but me, would be quite the magic trick.
rimshot.gif

clarity

Reaction score
Biosphere
The Orb
Plastikman
Higher Intelligence Agency
The Future Sound of London

happy.gif

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
Getting her to put out for you, or indeed anyone but me, would be quite the magic trick.
rimshot.gif

Most magicians are good at doing costumes and make up. All he'd have to do really is don a bad wig and a tacky goatee and he'd have it licked.
rimshot.gif

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
xchen spent years in a Tibetan monastery, honing that insult to perfection. During weeks of long hikes and punching barrels of sand, his mind never wandered as he dreamed of the day he would be ready.

Sadly, when he emerged, it was months out of date.

fatty

Reaction score
Can I submit two?

This is the flavour of the month:

Urthboy
Mos Def
T.Z.U
Chromeo
Fat Freddy's Drop

This is what i was listening to last month:

Wu Tang Clan
Talib Kweli
Frank Turner
Masta Ace
Van She

Edit: One More

John Coltrane
Sex Pistols
Parliament
Mobb Deep
Nas

Augusto86

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
Most magicians are good at doing costumes and make up. All he'd have to do really is don a bad wig and a tacky goatee and he'd have it licked.
rimshot.gif

Now if he could just fix your "W" squint and make you stand like a man, he'd be able to take on David Blaine. Unfortunately, he's a magician, not a miracle worker.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads