• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Enigma89
Any idea how I could flare this up a bit and stand out in a crowd? Not stand out and look ridiculous but just stand out a bit more.
Get new shoes asap. Have there be at least one thing semi-interesting about your fit. Plain white tee, slim-straight indigo jeans and one of the 2 most generic shoes that exist isn't helping your cause. Play with the proportions occasionally. Extra slim-skinny bottoms, with slightly slouchier top, maybe a graphic tee (i've posted in various graphic tee threads with ideas for brands). Perhaps a henley, button up shirt with sleeves rolled up, mix trousers in sometimes, light layering (depending on weather). Shoes though. Get some shoes. Superfuture and occasional styleforum user sidney lo used to wear really simple fits all the time. Plain tee, simple graphic tee, houndstooth button up, plain button up, only one pair of perfect fitting jeans that aged really well, but the main thing was great shoes (these nice varvatos boots, black filippa k laceups, these cool looking marc jacobs green chukkas, beat to **** chucks, and some others)

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
2858205926_9c01144835.jpg

I know this has been quoted a lot - but cool fit. I love the understated theatricality. Where do you actually live? If you're ever near DC or even New York or something let me know. I'll buy you some imported beer and we can talk **** about Post-punk and New Wave.

Brutus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJNavarrete
Sorry I'm late to the western shirt party from a few pages back...

Hollister [omg evil!]
Freeworld jeans
[not pictured] Grey Vans

You'd be surprised how much that little bird actually ruins this for you. The white undershirt doesn't help.

Enigma89

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Get new shoes asap. Have there be at least one thing semi-interesting about your fit. Plain white tee, slim-straight indigo jeans and one of the 2 most generic shoes that exist isn't helping your cause. Play with the proportions occasionally. Extra slim-skinny bottoms, with slightly slouchier top, maybe a graphic tee (i've posted in various graphic tee threads with ideas for brands). Perhaps a henley, button up shirt with sleeves rolled up, mix trousers in sometimes, light layering (depending on weather). Shoes though. Get some shoes. Superfuture and occasional styleforum user sidney lo used to wear really simple fits all the time. Plain tee, simple graphic tee, houndstooth button up, plain button up, only one pair of perfect fitting jeans that aged really well, but the main thing was great shoes (these nice varvatos boots, black filippa k laceups, these cool looking marc jacobs green chukkas, beat to **** chucks, and some others)
The new pair of shoes that I have are Adidas Samba and the Vans posted on there. I will probably buy one pair of shoes, but I am running into money problems lately. I'd love to get a new pair of black shoes because my Sambas are looking more and more boring everyday but I really think I need a white pair of shoes and boots.

In the back of my head I always thought once I get clothes that fitted then I could just get everyday shoes and be fine, but nope. Thanks for the help, I will be on the shoe market soon.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Not hating or anything as you look fine, but nothing anyone is going to confuse for cool looking. You just asked about standing out a bit. I understand the dilemma though. You want to stand out but not alienate yourself. It's a tough line to walk between looking like you are semi-interested in fashion/style and looking in touch with your surroundings. I struggle with this too being a grad student living in a city with a population of almost all college students. Still trying to work on my ****. Keep on keepin' on

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
91608picmy0.jpg

Band of Outsiders silk shirt
Diesel trews
Brooks Bros Peal (Alfred Sargent) brogue boots
Paul Smith tortoise sunglasses

Enigma89

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Not hating or anything as you look fine, but nothing anyone is going to confuse for cool looking. You just asked about standing out a bit. I understand the dilemma though. You want to stand out but not alienate yourself. It's a tough line to walk between looking like you are semi-interested in fashion/style and looking in touch with your surroundings. I struggle with this too being a grad student living in a city with a population of almost all college students. Still trying to work on my ****. Keep on keepin' on

Could you by any chance link any of these pictures? I went searching on this forum and SUFU and couldn't find any.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
91608picmy0.jpg

I like the expression. It looks like, "That's it, buddy. Now I have to kick your ass" or "Suppose I snap your neck?"

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any idea how I could flare this up a bit and stand out in a crowd? Not stand out and look ridiculous but just stand out a bit more.

Chronaug has you pretty much covered. There's nothing inherently wrong with a white t-shirt, but the fact that you have nondescript dark blue canvas sneakers with blue jeans insures that there's almost no color interest at all.

People are probably gonna jump on me for saying this, but... a necklace? Seriously, I got a pendant with a leather rope from the Solis Company for $30, and it seriously adds interest to a plain t-shirt. If that's the route you'll go, you'll probably want v-necks rather than crew necks.

A watch can serve some a similar purpose, and can even be practical to a (rapidly diminishing) degree.

A plain white t-shirt can either mean you're stylishly understated or that you're a slob. You'll want something else to nudge the viewer in the direction of the former rather than the latter.

Also, check out Alternative Apparel for interesting, textured, non-graphic T's (they can be bought for cheaper on forum affiliate Tobi's site rather than Alternative Apparel's site.)

BTW, in all your photos , your feet look HUGE. Seriously, like some highly stylized '50s cartoon. Is this an optical illusion cause by camera angle?

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
I know this has been quoted a lot - but cool fit. I love the understated theatricality.

Where do you actually live? If you're ever near DC or even New York or something let me know. I'll buy you some imported beer and we can talk **** about Post-punk and New Wave.

A back yard like that all but guarantees California. I'd put him in the Bay Area if I were a betting man.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score

Get a medallion. Bigger the better.

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
Chronaug has you pretty much covered. There's nothing inherently wrong with a white t-shirt, but the fact that you have nondescript dark blue canvas sneakers with blue jeans insures that there's almost no color interest at all.

People are probably gonna jump on me for saying this, but... a necklace? Seriously, I got a pendant with a leather rope from the Solis Company for $30, and it seriously adds interest to a plain t-shirt. If that's the route you'll go, you'll probably want v-necks rather than crew necks.

A watch can serve some a similar purpose, and can even be practical to a (rapidly diminishing) degree.

A plain white t-shirt can either mean you're stylishly understated or that you're a slob. You'll want something else to nudge the viewer in the direction of the former rather than the latter.

Also, check out Alternative Apparel for interesting, textured, non-graphic T's (they can be bought for cheaper on forum affiliate Tobi's site rather than Alternative Apparel's site.)

BTW, in all your photos , your feet look HUGE. Seriously, like some highly stylized '50s cartoon. Is this an optical illusion cause by camera angle?

Plain white T and jeans look better if you are built like a brick shithouse. Skinny guy, not so much.

Willsw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe the curious have triangulated LK's location to the San Francisco area. Next, we need his age (a confusing matter) and his real name. We won't have achieved anything, really, but it's something to do.

Enigma89

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
Chronaug has you pretty much covered. There's nothing inherently wrong with a white t-shirt, but the fact that you have nondescript dark blue canvas sneakers with blue jeans insures that there's almost no color interest at all. People are probably gonna jump on me for saying this, but... a necklace? Seriously, I got a pendant with a leather rope from the Solis Company for $30, and it seriously adds interest to a plain t-shirt. If that's the route you'll go, you'll probably want v-necks rather than crew necks. A watch can serve some a similar purpose, and can even be practical to a (rapidly diminishing) degree. A plain white t-shirt can either mean you're stylishly understated or that you're a slob. You'll want something else to nudge the viewer in the direction of the former rather than the latter. Also, check out Alternative Apparel for interesting, textured, non-graphic T's (they can be bought for cheaper on forum affiliate Tobi's site rather than Alternative Apparel's site.) BTW, in all your photos , your feet look HUGE. Seriously, like some highly stylized '50s cartoon. Is this an optical illusion cause by camera angle?
Oh let me clear somethings up. That shirt is actually not white but it is yellow/beige and my feet are actually tiny, I only wear an 8.5 and I am only 5' 9.'' Here are some other WAYWT so you can see..
a9r2fa.jpg
20h27a1.jpg
More or less all my T-Shirts are just plain colored t-shirts from AA or H&M. They fit well and I like them but, I want to stand out a bit more, but I understand what I have to do now thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads