• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you dress nice? You're probably gay!

adamsnez

Reaction score
Originally Posted by effang
this is completely honest, but I am sure a good # of the community here is gay.
even if...
irrelevant/does not matter re:topic

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
lot of people are just insecure or stupid or both. pay no mind.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
lot of people are just gay. pay no mind.

Fixed.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
Buddy, that's a perfect icebreaker... Just say "come over to my place tonight and I'll show you how gay I am..." and then ******** with her.

**pepper spray**

BryanHarig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
Buddy, that's a perfect icebreaker... Just say "come over to my place tonight and I'll show you how gay I am..." and then ******** with her.

This. But with more of the smooth.

They are just teasing you, flirt back!

Cornellian

Reaction score
I have a similar problem, and I suck cock. My solution has been to find more sophisticated nightlife.

Cornellian

Reaction score
And PS... all my straight girl friends (not *** hags, the hot ones) are always complaining about how straight boys dress like ****. So you would think you'd stand a better chance...

adamsnez

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cornellian
all my straight girl friends are always complaining about how straight boys dress like ****. So you would think you'd stand a better chance...
You're damned if you do, damned if you don't

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where do you live? I pretty much get the same deal from people.

I don't really think I get dressed up all the time. I just wear ironed pants, an ironed button up shirt, a jacket, and nice shoes (I only wear sneakers to work out). No pocket square! And while the fit is good, nothing is too flashy, except for maybe when I wear my double monks or wine colored cords.

I've been dressing like this ever since I was a kid. When I lived on the east coast (DC Metro area/Charlottesville), no one ever said anything. That isn't to say that everyone dressed like me, though more did.

Now I'm in the Bay Area going to school, and for the most part, everyone dresses like they're models from Mugatu's Derelicte line. Putting on an Ed Hardy tshirt and distressed Diesel/7forAllMankind jeans with some clownass black box shoe constitutes "dressing up." For guys and girls (though I would say people in SanFran do it a little better). And so I'm always getting the "why are you so dressed up?" and "you're looking good, are you gay?" questions. It's pretty annoying. I guess I take it as a backhanded compliment.

And you should see what guys wear to interviews here at my law school. Jesus, all you need is a white shirt and a non-flashy tie and you're pretty much good to go. But they still can't get it right.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

adamsnez

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheessus
Where do you live? I pretty much get the same deal from people. I don't really think I get dressed up all the time. I just wear ironed pants, an ironed button up shirt, a jacket, and nice shoes (I only wear sneakers to work out). No pocket square! And while the fit is good, nothing is too flashy, except for maybe when I wear my double monks or wine colored cords.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada!
eh.gif
Far from SoCal or NYC and the likes. Most days for me too; it's a) AE's b) tailored slim dress shirt c) tailored slim trousers d) tie no PS, no full suit... i went to the dentist the other day and she's like "you look really European" -- "do i now?" -- first time i've heard that, which was way better than going to get your teeth cleaned and her asking if i'm gay LOL! I'm going to start playing the "i'll show you how gay i really am" line, with of course- pizazz

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads