• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Silver Cufflinks?

Eustace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody own them that can attest to the quality? Where are they made?

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DapperDave
Anybody own them that can attest to the quality? Where are they made?

Pictures?

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair that are silver and enamel. They have held up fine, but I don't know who makes them

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Not too bad at that price. I wouldn't pay more than that, though. Also look at Tiffany, Brooks Brothers and Paul Stuart.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
Not too bad at that price. I wouldn't pay more than that, though. Also look at Tiffany, Brooks Brothers and Paul Stuart.
awful at that price. silver doesn't cost that much and the RL name isn't going to get you far when it comes to jewelry. if someone likes the look and is willing to pay, fine.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
^For name brand stuff that's in the ballpark of what is charged for sterling. There are fine looking links at some of the 'inspired by' type sites for half that. I agree that the original/pre-sale price is ridiculous.

The sensible thing is to go vintage on ebay.

maxnharry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can find sterling links out there for much less without feeding the Lauren kids' trust fund.

Eustace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are an additional 30% off, so I figured at $90 they're not too bad. Not exactly a glowing endorsement here though.

BBdude

Reaction score
One thing that gets me is spending a lot on cufflinks.

Unless it's a specific design I can't find anywhere, I really can't fathom spending anymore then $75 on cufflinks.

Maybe I just don't make enough or don't care that much for them? Those RL cuff links look fairly standard, but $135 is a lot, IMHO.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DapperDave
They are an additional 30% off, so I figured at $90 they're not too bad. Not exactly a glowing endorsement here though.
worth 25 bucks to me. the rl brand is not tiffany or cartier when it comes to jewelry. if it's worth it to you or you like the design and can't get it anywhere else, then go with it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads