• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post your five favorite bands and I will mock and generalize you.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
This is slightly terrifying in its laser-like accuracy, although I call cheating on the goatee thing, since everybody knows that.

I have actually brought my own Stella Artois to parties on my quad where, in fact, people were drinking Natty Lite. I am a prick.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I like how you helpfully included the wikipedia link to Caetano Veloso so that we could see how culturally deep (in a New Yorker-reading way) your choice of him was in case we weren't familiar with him.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
I like how you helpfully included the wikipedia link to Caetano Veloso so that we could see how culturally deep (in a New Yorker-reading way) your choice of him was in case we weren't familiar with him.

I'm glad I could help broaden your horizons, RJ.
teacha.gif

Although FWIW, my choice of him is written in my blood rather than smugness, and I've never met anyone of my generation who knew who he was. YMMV.

unpainted huffheinz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
Everyone see that?!!? Come on I know some people on here have to work in the industry - I can be paid in alcohol and clothes.
Jessica Hopper is looking for a 'man' to **** ********** with her big hipster indie rock marital aid. She said you'll do.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
What does Sparks get me?
+10 cred points. I have fond memories of debauched evenings in Baltimore, going to concerts at the Ottobar accompanied by Sparks and (edited out in case I ever get a real job). ...I guess there was a band called Sparks that was pretty good too.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unpainted huffheinz
Jessica Hopper is looking for a 'man' to **** ********** with her big hipster indie rock marital aid. She said you'll do.

I'll see your Jessica Hopper and raise you Sacha Frere-Jones and a Brooklyn Vegan.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntiHero84
Natty Lite is a far cry from Natty Boh. Long live Boh.
Lie. I rep my hometown as much as the next guy, but they are absolutely equivalently nasty, watery swill. (aside from geographical associations)

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the smiths
depeche mode
vnv nation
de/vision
death in june

unpainted huffheinz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll see your Jessica Hopper and raise you Sacha Frere-Jones and a Brooklyn Vegan.

I actually have spent time with these people, and would take just about anyone on earth over Hopper. I have to leave a room whenever she enters and begins spouting off. She will kill any party very quickly.

Frere-Jones is completely meek and could be easily trained as a butler. You on the other hand will be left with the ramblings of an aging Riot Grrrrl, which would make the reaming almost pleasant in comparison.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm glad I could help broaden your horizons, RJ.
teacha.gif

Broaden? I was a college freshman who read the New Yorker once too.

Although FWIW, my choice of him is written in my blood rather than smugness, and I've never met anyone of my generation who knew who he was. YMMV.
True, I suppose we're not of the same generation, DB.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Broaden? I was a college freshman who read the New Yorker once too. True, I suppose we're not of the same generation, DB.
Ya damn right, old man. Also, I don't read the New Yorker.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
+10 cred points. I have fond memories of debauched evenings in Baltimore, going to concerts at the Ottobar accompanied by Sparks and (edited out in case I ever get a real job). ...I guess there was a band called Sparks that was pretty good too.
It's the Number One Song in Heaven! Incidentally, Siouxsie & the Banshees did a nice cover of "This Town Ain't Big Enough for Both of us".

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait, what? Natty Light = Natural Light. What is Natty Boh? It' not the non-light version, Natty Ice. Come to think of it, I have never seen a can of anything called Natty Boh or Natural Boh. What's Boh?
It's short for National Bohemian. It's a cheap beer that was brewed in Baltimore ages ago. Times got tough, and the brewery shut down and moved production out of state. Within the past 10 years or so, it's become a favorite of ****** beer connoisseurs in and around Baltimore. Similar to the hipsters drinking PBR. It's also become a symbol of hometown pride, as well as a convenient branding gimmick in Baltimore. Either way, it's dirt cheap and actually tastes pretty good.
Lie. I rep my hometown as much as the next guy, but they are absolutely equivalently nasty, watery swill. (aside from geographical associations)
I disagree, but I guess it comes down to matters of opinion. If I had to take my pick of cheap beers, I'd pick Natty Boh over any of the others, regardless of my hometown.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All right people, back to topic!
(Natty Boh being ****** is objective, empirical fact BTW)

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brlfvr
The Glands Sinatra Mates of State Cheap Trick Peter Gabriel
You are one of those jackasses that holds up the Starbucks line by making some lame Soy milk substitution. You play in an adult rec soccer league. You know the thread count of your duvet. You are likely a stay-at-home dad.
Originally Posted by Stylish Pilot
some more to rip me apart on: lupe fiasco atmosphere band of horses sondre lerche phil wickham
This is just the top 5 most played list on my trust fund art student ex's iPod. Man you upper middle-class suburban whites sure love Lupe. Protip: Atmosphere = Eminem - fame and talent.
Originally Posted by Shoreman
Pavement Dinosaur Jr. Fugazi The Hold Steady Ted Leo Today I'd probably switch out the Hold Steady (new album=letdown), and replace with the stuff-white-people-like-iest band ever: Wilco
Stuff White People Like Stuff White People Like Stuff White People Like Stuff White People Like Hold steady getting a little too rowdy for you old man? I bet the other PTA dads get really impressed when you play them pre-NPR (aka good) Wilco.
Originally Posted by thekunk07
the smiths depeche mode vnv nation de/vision death in june
I would make some disparaging remark about the weird gay, Nazi overtones but I'm kind of afraid you'll beat me to a pulp.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads