• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clone a Jean

Ott

Reaction score
I wonder if they can do Dior ass-darts
tongue.gif

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it would be an amusing waste of money.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I saw this company on Canadian version of 'Dragon's Den', U-Jeans, for $140 you can do MTM jeans with a bunch of optional features. It seemed like a good idea and decent pitch, looking at the website I'm not sure the execution is there though... but in theory, I would think it makes sense. Probably best for 'off the curve' bodies and such
http://www.ujeans.com/

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Honestly, the $90 raw selvage sound tempting...

papashonga

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
Honestly, the $90 raw selvage sound tempting...

i grabbed pair (im dumb like a doorknob), last i checked the tracking it just got released from customs yesterday and i expect it to come in this week. funny thing about the tracking is it originated from india...
confused.gif

i guess i'll do my part and update you guys on them.

mejoshua

Reaction score
Karl of Rogue Territory, does bespoke jeans in LA. I'm more than sure he mentioned in his thread on Superfuture that he can "clone" your favorite pair of jeans. He's pretty pricey ($500+), but from what I've read and seen the quality of his work is excellent.

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by papashonga
i grabbed pair (im dumb like a doorknob), last i checked the tracking it just got released from customs yesterday and i expect it to come in this week. funny thing about the tracking is it originated from india...
confused.gif

i guess i'll do my part and update you guys on them.

if you read the site, it says their jeans are fowarded from their NYC offices to India, where the actual jeans are reproduced..

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mejoshua
Karl of Rogue Territory, does bespoke jeans in LA. I'm more than sure he mentioned in his thread on Superfuture that he can "clone" your favorite pair of jeans. He's pretty pricey ($500+), but from what I've read and seen the quality of his work is excellent.

i saw his stuff last time I was in american rag, very impressive operation he's running there.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
^^^ +1 although I'm not sure how well business has been (rumors).

I've mentioned this before but Crate does mtm stuff a la carte through Secret Service. I don't think they can "clone" for legal reasons but you can still get closer to what you really want that regular otr stuff. Pricing is around what you'd pay for otr, too (around $150+ depending on the details and such but it's best to just call and get legit pricing info).

Mark C.

Reaction score
I didn't read the entire website, but if they're reproducing silhouettes, then I'm all for it--thumbs up!

However, if they're "cloning" branding marks as well, then that's just a knock-off and I give it two thunmbs way, way down.

papashonga

Reaction score
Originally Posted by djh
if you read the site, it says their jeans are fowarded from their NYC offices to India, where the actual jeans are reproduced..

I kindly refer you sir, to the dumb like a doorknob on my previous post.

Anyways... the jeans came in today, pics to come later when I get home.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads